At Boosted, we’re dedicated to solving problems and making life better, especially transportation. We want cities to feel smaller, campuses to be more accessible, and commutes to actually be enjoyable. We’re on a mission to bring fun, fast, simple transportation to everyone through lightweight, electric vehicles.
Our team continues to explore the limits of imagination, working every day to develop the future of living and moving. We’re an eclectic mix of tinkerers, problem solvers, city dwellers, nature lovers, and engineering nerds tackling major commuting issues with one goal: to make urban transportation faster, easier, and a whole lot more fun.
We are rapidly growing and looking for an experienced software engineer to take ownership of our internal tools and infrastructure within the Embedded Systems team. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about code quality, testing, and applying CI/CD concepts to custom embedded systems. In this critical position you’ll primarily be responsible for the team’s build infrastructure and automated testing/QA systems to guarantee we can rapidly deliver high quality code and enable the best experience on our vehicles. In addition, you’ll have the opportunity to help build the internal tools for providing internal developer interfaces to our vehicles, updating vehicle FW, retrieving/managing logs and telemetry data, and even writing software that runs on the vehicles themselves.
As an ideal candidate for this job, you are a strong engineer with a background in build engineering, QA and test, CI/CD, and/or hardware-in-the-loop testing. You’re highly organized, don’t skimp on documentation, and can motivate the team around you to do the same.
- Develop, own, and maintain the Embedded Systems team’s build, test, and QA infrastructure
- Help define the team’s approach to SW testing
- Support the wider Engineering and Operations orgs with well designed and rapidly realized internal tools
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 5 years of industry experience in Build Engineering, Software QA, or similar positions
- Experience or interest in working with custom hardware and supporting hardware-in-the-loop testing
- Comfortable working in Python
- Familiarity with C build process; compiler and linker options.
- Experience working on microcontroller-based embedded systems a plus
- Willingness to work hard and play hard!
We are committed to a workplace that reflects the communities we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.