Boosted is building fun, lightweight electric vehicles. We dream about sustainable, hassle-free transportation. We participated in the Y Combinator startup incubator (S’12) and are supported by some of Silicon Valley’s most notable VCs and entrepreneurs.
We are looking for a Materials Program Manager to play a critical role in ensuring operational success for the Procurement and Planning organizations. In this role, you will be responsible for materials readiness, availability, and visibility. This is a strategic supply chain role, interacting with our Contract Manufacturers (CMs) and internal core teams, encompassing critical component planning, allocation direction, supply flexibility modeling, and materials liability management.
The Material Program Manager will manage the CTB ("clear to build") process with suppliers and OEMs, ensuring that we have efficient process and clear visibility on our procurement strategy. Your successful ability to partner with OEMs and the sourcing team on material strategy will directly impact our product success.
- Clear-to-Build (CTB) Management: provide visibility to materials supply, highlighting projected coverage and constraints. CTB projections govern what the Supply-Demand Managers (SDM) can commit to customers and are a key input to revenue projections provided to our C-level executives.
- Partner with the CM to develop a model that incorporates the specific supply chain and materials flow details to project availability in support of our supply/demand goals.
- Create allocation strategies for constrained materials by developing models across factories, programs, and lines of business. Provide allocation direction to Global Supply Managers and Boosted Suppliers.
- Challenge and influence Demand Planning and Strategic Sourcing teams to improve allocation and maximize revenue.
- Identify excess and obsolete (E&O) and other material risk, recommend critical course of action to leadership, and own the efforts to mitigate liability to the business.
- Develop strategic roadmap for the phase‐out of obsolete parts and new product materials.
- Prepare and communicate critical materials updates at weekly Sustaining Executive Program reviews; maintain executive reports and summaries, providing accurate and timely data to leadership on a weekly basis.
- Through a deep understanding of our commodity terms, ensure the logistical flow of materials necessary to meet production schedules, inventory control requirements, and ongoing material line support.
- Ability to problem-solve and influence others through relationships and data
- Advanced modeling and predictive analytical skills
- “Advanced User" of MS Excel with deep understanding of Excel techniques. VBA, SQL, Tableau, or similar data visualization tools a plus.
- Professional experience with complex supply chain, technical expertise, or prior OEM management experience preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to management required.
- Mandarin language skills a strong plus.
- Bachelor's Degree with minimum 3+ years of professional experience required.
- MBA or Master's Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, or Operations Management preferred.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to work with an incredible team that's revolutionizing the way we move
- Catered lunch everyday
- Snacks/drinks available throughout the day
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) plan
- Commuter benefit plan
- Generous time off policy
We are committed to a workplace that reflects the communities we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.