Boosted is building fun, lightweight electric vehicles. We dream about sustainable, hassle-free transportation. We are filled with people passionate about robots and action sports. We participated in the Y Combinator startup incubator (S’12) and are supported by some of Silicon Valley’s most notable VCs and entrepreneurs.
We are rapidly growing and looking for an experienced software development engineer to lead the development of manufacturing test and shop floor integration solutions for exciting, revolutionary personal electric vehicle products. We’re in need of a software guru who loves figuring out how to build, program, test, and track products with best-in-class speed, efficiency, and thoroughness.
In this rewarding position, you’ll be responsible for working with firmware and hardware engineering, manufacturing engineering, and manufacturing partners to develop and evolve solutions for integrating partner shop floor control systems with our internal manufacturing database.
You’ll own identifying ways to take advantage of those integrations to reduce cycle time and increase test coverage in programming and test operations. The role is a combination of sustaining and new product introduction activity and is critical to manufacturing stability and continuity. The ideal candidate is particularly well-versed at python scripting, has a background in database management, possesses test development experience in a manufacturing environment, and thrives on working with diverse teams to develop solutions.
We are committed to a workplace that reflects the communities we serve. We especially encourage women, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.
- Develop, refine, and maintain shop floor integration solutions between Boosted’s internal manufacturing database and partner shop floor control systems.
- Be Boosted’s manufacturing software expert.
- Develop manufacturing software test solutions for Bluetooth-enabled personal electric vehicles, at PCBA, subassembly, and final assembly levels, and work with Asian manufacturing partners to implement them.
- Identify and capitalize on opportunities to reduce test cycle time or increase test coverage.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience developing software test and database integration solutions in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated python expertise, experience with django a plus
- Demonstrated database expertise, preferably mongo or postgresql
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or equivalent technical discipline
- Ability to travel internationally (10-25%)
- Familiarity with Bluetooth and CAN protocols a plus
- Experience working with overseas manufacturing partners a plus
- Comfort with ambiguity and rapid changes
- Willingness to work hard and play hard!
What We Offer
- The opportunity to work with an incredible team that's revolutionizing the way we move.
- Catered lunch everyday
- Snacks/drinks available throughout the day
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) plan
- Commuter benefit plan
- Generous time off policy
- Team outings and ongoing events