Boom is building a world-class accounting and finance team to support its mission of restoring supersonic commercial flight. We are looking for a highly motivated Accounts Payable Analyst to join our growing team.
Your primary responsibilities will be a key member of the AP team - this includes various procure-to-pay activities such as invoice processing and coding to cash disbursement to vendors. You will be a primary internal resource in this area in addition to working within the accounting team you will work extensively with operations and other departments across the company. You will support critical controls within the company related expenditure approvals and cash disbursements. You will also help in other accounting areas, including ad hoc projects.
You should have an exceptional eye for detail and an understanding of how those details affect accounting records and budgets. You should be extremely comfortable working within the general ledger system, the PO system, and the expense management system, among others, and understand how they work together. You should also provide a strong and confident voice in making recommendations within your area that will improve efficiency and accuracy and be willing to take ownership in implementing those changes. You will need to work cross-functionally with other teams, particularly through a good understanding of POs, budget ownership, and expense categorization. At times, in order to complete your work, you will need to use finesse in order to make requests of employees of all levels across the organization. You should also be comfortable working independently at times.
Working in a startup environment means taking on unexpected responsibilities and attempting tasks that no one in the company knows how to do. The successful candidate has a resourceful, can-do approach to these demands and enjoys the continuous learning curve of a startup.
The Accounts Payable Analyst will report to the Accounts Payable Lead and will be a member of Boom’s growing accounting and finance team.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Detailed understanding of the purchase order process, systems, coding, and approval hierarchy
- Strong knowledge of the company’s general ledger and appropriate coding within those accounts
- Exceptional communication skills for working across departments and with vendors
- Strong inclination to prepare for and comply with deadlines around the weekly payment cycle
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Aptitude to be responsive and helpful, both within the company and externally
- Ability to work in a changing environment, with a desire to identify and own regular improvements
- Support the Accounts Payable Lead and other members of the accounting department while fulfilling core responsibilities
- High school diploma, Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- 1+ years of accounts payable experience
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prior experience in a manufacturing or aerospace business is a plus but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with SAP accounting suite is a plus
- Base salary range for this position is $45,000-$53,000 and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position
- Robust equity program with significant upside potential
- Open PTO