About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is transforming air travel with Overture, the world’s fastest airliner — optimized for speed, safety, and sustainability. Serving both civil and government markets, Overture will fly at twice the speed of today’s airliners and is designed to run on 100% sustainable aviation fuel (SAF). Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Come join the team and help us make aviation history!
We’re seeking an Avionics Engineer to join the Overture team. The Avionics Engineer will lead the technical definition, development, design, verification, and certification activities of the Avionics System for the Overture Supersonic Aircraft Program.
A typical day at work would be:
- Defines avionics system architecture & scope of work
- Defines avionics system requirements and coordinates supplier activities
- Responsible for developing avionics system through requirements development, design, and verification activities including qualification and systems level testing
- Provides technical oversight and coordination across multi-disciplinary teams that interface with avionics
- Define and show compliance for responsible systems to 14CFR Part 25 regulatory certification requirements
- Technical oversight of junior engineers
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree in engineering with 10 or more years of experience in aerospace or an equivalent combination of technical education and aerospace experience
- Experience working with aircraft Integrated Modular Avionics (IMA)
- Experience coordinating with suppliers
- Writing system certification plans
- Full understanding and experience with RTCA DO-160G, RTCA DO178C, RTCA DO-254, and SAE ARP4754A
- Experience with applicable avionics and electrical system 14CFR Part 25 regulatory certification requirements
The Base Salary Range for this position is $120,000 - $150,000. Actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Boom’s total rewards package for employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives/equity, an open PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.