About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is a Denver-based company redefining commercial flight by bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. This historic airliner is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. The company is backed by world-class investors and has 30 aircraft on pre-order. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 150 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Come join the team and help us make aviation history!
Boom is establishing a new VP, Investor Relations role to support our next phase of growth and further champion our robust investor engagement. The person in this role will need to have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and work with senior leadership to professionally and consistently communicate Boom’s strategy and performance to the global investment community. Reporting to the CFO, you will collaborate with the leadership team and external partners and have substantial ownership of our communication strategy to the investor community. You will develop and maintain relationships with a broad investor base as well as partner with internal teams at Boom to share the external narrative around our financial performance, strategic landscape and company strategy. The successful candidate has a resourceful, can-do approach to these demands and enjoys the continuous learning curve of a startup.
- Building and maintaining deep company and industry awareness to serve as a trusted advisor to internal stakeholders including senior leadership, finance, legal, public relations and program teams.
- Working alongside cross-functional leaders to define and evolve a compelling narrative that enables the investor community in understanding our large addressable market and our strategy for capturing that market.
- Establishing internal discipline of investor and board engagement on quarterly earnings reviews, including ongoing review of relevant KPIs and development of key earnings messages, scripts, presentations, and other supporting materials.
- Monitoring, reviewing and summarizing financial research, key company events and industry updates to provide ongoing proactive feedback loop and insights to internal audiences.
- Provide a high level of customer service to external shareholders through quick and accurate information sharing and transaction support.
- Exercise discretion and confidentiality in sharing information and having a thorough understanding of what can be shared with each stakeholder.
- Provide background information on potential investors and track potential investor engagement during capital raises.
- Facilitate transactions related to share purchases and capital raises in close collaboration with legal teams.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- 8+ years experience in public-market facing roles (i.e. corporate investor relations, buy- or sell-side equity research)
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, and proven track record of building relationships with the investment community.
- Collaborative mindset to build strong internal networks with a willingness to work with others across the company to address challenges.
- Drive to proactively learn the business, and the agility to change direction as needed in a fast-paced, high growth environment with a focus on driving an outcome to support the company’s strategy.
- Cross-functional experience working with senior executives, finance, accounting, legal, public relations and others.
- BA/BS degree in finance, economics, accounting or equivalent analytical discipline.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- Advanced degree in relevant field of study; MBA or CFA highly preferred.
- Relevant experience in hardtech development and manufacturing, including in aerospace and/or mobility sectors.
- Strong understanding of SEC laws and securities disclosure requirements,
- Prior experience using Carta or equivalent equity management software.
The Base Salary Range for this position is $180,000-$220,000 and represents the low and high end of the range for this position. Actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Boom’s total rewards package for employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives/equity, an open PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.