About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is a Denver-based company redefining commercial flight by bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. This historic airliner is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. The company is backed by world-class investors and has 30 aircraft on pre-order. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 150 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Come join the team and help us make aviation history!
The primary responsibilities will include leading a small team to install and maintain aircraft instrumentation, the telemetry system, and a control room to support flight testing of XB-1.
- Lead a small team of engineers and technicians in supporting ground and flight test operations
- Own the installation, calibration, troubleshooting, and preflight inspections of the aircraft instrumentation and telemetry systems
- Own the development and configuration management of the control room IADS displays
- Develop processes and tools that support the collection and export of test data from a variety of sources including aircraft on-board logs, telemetry recordings, and simulator sessions
- Work with flight test and engineering teams to develop test plans, instrumentation requirements, and control room displays to support real-time test monitoring
- Support instrumentation checkout and calibration during aircraft integration, ground, and flight testing
- Contribute to test card development and review in collaboration with other engineering disciplines and flight test personnel
- Support the development of scripts and configuration management tools
- Support test readiness reviews, pre-flight checks, and pre/posttest briefings
- Provide mission control room support and make real-time decisions regarding safety, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Conduct and contribute to pre-flight and post-test data analyses to support anomaly identification and resolution
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A Bachelor's degree in a science or engineering program
- 5+ years industry experience with leadership role experience
- Experience with the design, integration and/or troubleshooting of electrical or instrumentation systems
- A working knowledge of sensors and flight test instrumentation, analog and digital I/O, and data synchronization
- Ability to read and create wiring diagrams and troubleshoot wiring on test bench or on vehicle
- Experience working with scripting languages and working on a Linux command line
- Experience with aircraft telemetry systems
- The ability to travel to support the job duties
- Excellent communication skills
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience interfacing with I/O hardware including analog, discrete, and serial data
- Experience with IADS flight test display software
- Experience with aircraft telemetry systems
- Experience with revision control systems
- Previous experience with new, experimental, or modified aircraft, launch vehicles or spacecraft
- Ability to work irregular hours and work days
- Experience integrating COTS components including navigation, air data, and communication equipment into airframes
- Experience with homebuilt aircraft and experimental aviation a plus
Degrees and Certifications:
- An undergraduate degree in a STEM field is required
- A master’s degree in Aerospace or Electrical Engineering is preferred
- Pilot's license and/or Aircraft Mechanic (A&P) license is a strong plus
The Base Salary Range for this position is $115,000 - $155,000 and represents the low and high end of the range for this position. Actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Boom’s total rewards package for employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives/equity, an open PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.