About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is a Denver-based company redefining commercial flight by bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. This historic airliner is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. The company is backed by world-class investors and has 30 aircraft on pre-order. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 150 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Come join the team and help us make aviation history!
About the Team
We are looking to hire a People Operations Specialist to join the People Operations as part of the Talent and Culture Organization. We are a small but mighty (and growing team), so this is an opportunity to apply what you have already learned and learn so much more!
The People Operations Team has 5 key focus areas:
- People Services: the front line of employee support to our 150 Boom employees.
- Tools & Technology: oversight of the Talent & Culture technology stack ensuring that we have the right tools for our work and clean and accurate data going in.
- Program Management: delivering key programs, such as New Employee Orientation and managing employee resource sites, such as the company intranet.
- Compliance & Policies: protecting the interests of Boom and it’s employees ensuring we meet all compliance and policy obligations.
- People Data & Analytics: allowing Boom to make data-driven improvements to our People programs and practices based on reliable, integrated data.
About the Role
People Services: provide Boom employees world-class support on Talent & Culture related issues, by...
- Overseeing all employee onboarding and off-boarding and employee data processing.
- Responding to inquiries and tickets from employees of all levels across boom regarding People questions / issues (tier 1 & tier 2).
- Escalating tier 3 issues to Head of People Ops (or others) in a timely manner.
- Demonstrating exceptional follow through, issue resolution and adherence to SLAs (Service Level Agreements).
- Managing the People ZenDesk ticketing system.
- Ensures onboarding and off-boarding tasks for all employees are done according to our process documentation.
- Ensure we have a complete, and up to date company records on all employees.
Tools & Technology: manage the vendor relationships and oversee the Talent & Culture technology stack, ensuring...
- We have the right tools, for our team and for the work we do.
- We are getting the most value from the tool through effective vendor management and engagement.
- Our tools are compliant to all requirements (works in partnership with Head of People Ops & People Compliance).
- Our data flows appropriately and seamlessly across Talent & Culture and other systems / teams (i.e. to Finance, IT, equity).
- Tight administration and configuration of our tools, in partnership with the tool’s functional leader (i.e. Recruiting, HR, Total Rewards) or functional partner (i.e. Finance, IT).
You are excited about this opportunity because...
- You will be part of building something - we already have some great processes in place; however, there is so much to improve and build.
- You love innovating - You will be able to apply your experience and share your ideas on ways to improve our process and procedures.
- You’re a collaborator - your best work is accomplished when you work collectively with others.
- Your attention to detail is unparalleled.
- You thrive in environments where the measures of success are clear and well defined (i.e. SLAs (service level agreements) and measurable objectives).
We are excited about you because…
- You have 7+ years experience in HR / People Operations working closely with employees on the front-line.
- You are well versed and experience with corporate communication tools (such as Google Suite, Slack).
- You have hands on experience with HRIS systems (UltiPro preferred).
- You have extensive experience with HR laws laws and FMLA knowledge.
- You have experience with global mobility and immigration programs.
- You have strong organization and time management skills - you’re able to juggle multiple tasks at once and not allow customer service to suffer.
- You have a learner’s mindset - you are an active listener, you are proactive and you have a strong desire to learn.
- you do your best work in fast paced environments.
- You welcome change and actively seek ways to improve your work and be more effective / efficient.
- You are able to handle highly confidential and/or sensitive departmental matters and time sensitive issues with an ability to prioritize and deliver results with attention to detail.
Why you will love working at Boom
- We are a group of people who are bright, kind and motivated by challenges. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same.
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things.
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative.
- We take what we do seriously, but we don't take ourselves seriously.
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do the right thing & is open to new ideas.
The Base Salary Range for this position is $60,000-$90,000 and represents the low and high end of the range for this position. Actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Boom’s total rewards package for employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives/equity, an open PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.