BookingGo: UX Designer
Who we are?
We're BookingGo, the ground transport division of Booking.com. We're the ones who empower people to get where they're going. Whether they're taking the wheel or sitting back and leaving it to the driver. Whether they're heading straight from A to B or enjoying the freedom to go wherever their journey takes them.
To do that, we offer car hire to our customers through our Rentalcars.com brand and car hire, taxis and ticketed transfer services through Booking.com. We also have a B2B solution, Rentalcars Connect, providing great ground transportation options to the customers of our partners
With our HQ in Manchester, we're part of the worldwide Booking.com family. At the same time, we're proud of our own unique identity. Speaking 42 languages, our 2,000+ staff come from all over the world, just like our customers. What brings us together is our love of adventure: our own as well as other people's. It's easy to be passionate about a job that enriches so many lives on a daily basis, and our workplace reflects our passion, our diversity, our global focus. Just search "Manchester's coolest office" and see for yourself.
And we're in good company. Together with priceline.com, KAYAK, agoda.com, and OpenTable, we're part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
Who are we looking for?
As a UX designer at BookingGo you’ll be the voice of our users’ experience. You’ll be a skilled and motivated designer who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
You’ll have experience contributing to the design of a product; able to demonstrate your role in discovering, ideating and producing measurable improvements to the customer experience.
What you’ll do
You’ll work as part of a product team across an end-to-end holistic user experience.
As an advocate for our customers, you’ll represent them all the way from ideation to implementation. You’ll craft user-centred solutions that remove pain points and contribute to a frictionless and cohesive experience for our customers through using iterative data and research driven design.
- Deliver elegant, user-centred solutions through data and research.
- Produce interaction flows, experience maps, mock-ups, prototypes and other design artefacts to generate ideas and gather feedback as part of an iterative design process.
- Work with Product Owners, Engineers, UX Writers and Researchers to contribute to the user and business needs.
- Collaborate with other designers to ensure consistency across the customer journey.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of design practice, process and tooling including the BookingGo design system.
- Participate in design workshops (including Design Sprints) with multi-disciplined colleagues and stakeholders.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- 2+ years of product / commercial experience: You have experience contributing to the delivery of a product – either in-house or agency.
- User-focused: You can identify and address user pain points throughout the journey and beyond.
- Research and data driven: Able to leverage insights from user research and business intelligence to inform designs and prioritisation as part of a team.
- Collaborative: You have experience working as a team alongside product owners and developers.
- Critical thinking: You’re used to peer review and can provide constructive criticism to your colleagues to make a better product.
- Excellent communication skills: You’re able to discuss design decisions with confidence and credibility to anyone from the interns to the CEO.
- Eager to learn and grow: You are passionate about design and actively seek to learn from those around you and grow your skill set.
- Front-end development: Practical knowledge of HTML, CSS and JS (React experience a bonus).
- Art Direction: Able to proactively evolve a brand and visual identity.
- Research: Able to plan, conduct and analyse user and usability tests in remote, lab and field environments (e.g. guerilla).
- Analytics: Experience using analytics tools and interpreting data into actionable insights.
- Accessibility: Knowledge of best practices to ensure our products are available to all users.
What we offer
- A very competitive salary plus a generous performance based bonus.
- An ever growing list of company benefits through PerkBox.
- Great facilities across our central Manchester offices including a subsidised canteen, Starbucks, free breakfast and a cycling hub.
- 25 days paid holiday including a holiday sales and purchase scheme.
- Great discounts on car rental and other group travel benefits.