HR ADMINISTRATOR – PAYROLL (COMPENSATION & BENEFITS) – MATERNITY COVER
Responsible for the payroll and benefits within the human resources function in our Barcelona contact centre. Working closely with the local management team and the UK based People Team to ensure the BookingGo payroll and benefits are delivered consistently, whilst adhering to local employment legislation.
We’re BookingGo, the ground transport division of Booking.com. We’re the ones who empower people to get where they’re going. Whether they’re taking the wheel or sitting back and leaving it to the driver. Whether they’re heading straight from A to B or enjoying the freedom to go wherever their journey takes them.
To do that, we operate multiple brands:
Booking.com – We’re the transport arm of the world’s leading travel booking site.
Rentalcars.com – The world’s biggest online car rental service, putting customers behind the wheel at over 50,000 locations worldwide.
Rideways – Finding the best way for each customer to get from A to B. Connect – Bringing our tried-and-tested magic to our partners’ sites, delivering seamless travel experiences through brands our customers already know and love.
With our HQ in Manchester, we’re part of the worldwide Booking.com family. At the same time, we’re proud of our own unique identity. Speaking 42 languages, our 2,000 + staff come from all over the world, just like our customers. What brings us together is our love of adventure: our own as well as other people’s. It’s easy to be passionate about a job that enriches so many lives on a daily basis, and our workplace reflects our passion, our diversity, our global focus. Together with priceline.com, KAYAK, agoda.com, and OpenTable, we’re part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
- Update monthly pay data in the payroll system (ADP – Streamline) and liaise with UK based payroll to ensure accurate pay for colleague and that any queries are addressed.
- Implement and manage employee benefits with external provider, promote them to colleagues and provide guidance.
- Change requests, structure changes, colleague life cycle, reporting and benefits using the in-house HR system (Workday)
- Responsible for the absence process.
- Be main point of contact for queries.
- Delivering compensation cost for forecasts
- Manage benefits proactively
- Monthly report from benefits provider for payroll purposes
- HR Reporting: Absenteeism, attrition, …
- Coordinate wellbeing activities
- Internal relations with the HR team and the business areas of the company
- Issuing labour relations letters (shifts agreements, etc)
- Be a champion of and look for ways to embed the Rentalcars.com Values
- Proactively build and develop strong working relationships with managers and senior managers across the departments.
- Monitor and evaluate information, reports and feedback from employees and work with management teams on areas for improvement within the business.
Competencies, skills & experience
- 1-3 years’ experience payroll management, Spanish labour law, and taxation of compensation and social charges
- Fluent (verbal and written) in English and Spanish
- Relevant HR or employment law degree level qualification
- Excellent knowledge of local employment law and regulations
- Very good systems and analytical skills (MS tools, especially Excel and Powerpoint, Workday)
- Organisational skills and time planning
- Able to deliver pragmatic, business focused people solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically, both verbally and in writing, with individuals at all levels of the organisation
- Experience of HR in line with contact centre CBA
- Experience on ADP Payroll systems
- Experience of working with international based teams
We will offer:
- Highly motivated and dedicated team with flat hierarchies and informal culture
- Monday to Friday schedule
- Learning environment
- Great office with modern workplaces in front of the beach
- Type of contract: 6-month contract – maternity cover
- Competitive salary.
- 24 holiday days & bank holidays (per year)
- Recommend a friend to work for us and receive 560.00€ per person!
- Up to 1000.00€ per year reimbursed for trips booked with Booking.com.
- Industry only car hire rates for you and yours.
- Industry leading learning & development opportunities.
- Daily breakfast, all your hot/cold drinks & healthy snacks (on us.)
- Gym discount.
- Transport and Restaurant vouchers (through salary sacrifice) - Benefit from taxes!
- PerksGo - hundreds of offers where you can get cashback or discounts for your purchases online.
Please ensure you apply with an English language CV for this vacancy.