We're BookingGo, the ground transport division of Booking.com. We're the ones who empower people to get where they're going. Whether they're taking the wheel or sitting back and leaving it to the driver. Whether they're heading straight from A to B or enjoying the freedom to go wherever their journey takes them.
To do that, we offer car hire to our customers through our Rentalcars.com brand and car hire, taxis and ticketed transfer services through Booking.com. We also have a B2B solution, Rentalcars Connect, providing great ground transportation options to the customers of our partners
With our HQ in Manchester, we're part of the worldwide Booking.com family. At the same time, we're proud of our own unique identity. Speaking 42 languages, our 2,000+ staff come from all over the world, just like our customers. What brings us together is our love of adventure: our own as well as other people's. It's easy to be passionate about a job that enriches so many lives on a daily basis, and our workplace reflects our passion, our diversity, our global focus. Just search "Manchester's coolest office" and see for yourself.
And we're in good company. Together with priceline.com, KAYAK, agoda.com, and OpenTable, we're part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
About the role
We are looking for a highly motivated Product Owner who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and lives to delight our customers. You get the importance of solid discovery, to dig into customer desirability, commercial viability, idea feasibility, and operationalisation of your ideas. Being both customer and commercially-focussed comes naturally to you.
The Taxi Supply product group is a collection of teams working on improving the way we work with our taxi supply partners around the world. There are currently 3 teams within the group, and we expect to add more over time. You will join one of these teams as PO and report directly into the Senior Product Owner who leads the group.
Your team is focused primarily on API integrations we have with our taxi suppliers and the service we offer for our larger / more strategic supply partners. Today we have limited capability in this area but we’re looking to change this. As PO for Connectivity you will be responsible for building out our:
- Supplier public API
- Developer portal
- API management / monitoring tools for internal users
These initiatives will play a key part in scaling our taxi supply to meet the demand of the huge Booking.com audience over the next 3 years.
To succeed in our fast paced working environment you will need to:
- Develop a deep understanding of current and future supplier needs
- Work with the Senior Product Owner and other senior stakeholders to define the overall strategy for your area to deliver against those needs
- Size opportunities, prioritise the roadmap, and set targets for your team that will stretch them and meet business goals
- Work collaboratively with a team of developers, designers, testers, analysts, researchers and others to create products that delight our customers
- Be accountable for the end-to-end success of your product
- Work with agile coaches and your team to drive continuous efficiency improvements
- Communicate with multiple key stakeholders to keep them up to date and bought into your product development
- Great at the fundamentals such as brilliant story writing and managing your product backlog: absolute responsibility for creating stories, defining acceptance criteria, being the proxy for the customer / business domain, maintaining and communicating the roadmap
- Great at living, breathing and doing agile.
- Analytical in approach; determined and passionate about delivering impact in the right way
- Committed to personal and professional development; seeks and acts on feedback
- Keen to understand how business processes and systems work; not afraid to get into the detail and you understand the value that service design adds
- Able to communicate effectively to all levels within our business, regularly and proactively
- Able to plan and prioritise effectively; comfortable with ambiguity and pragmatic when plans change.
- Always seeking out new opportunities with an entrepreneurial style
Desired skills & experience
- Experience working with B2B or supply facing product highly beneficial
- Experience working with API’s or other technically focused product highly beneficial
- 2+ years experience working as a product owner or similar role
- Proven experience of working effectively with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Strong organisational & time management skills
- Naturally curious
- Incredible listener
- Natural collaborator
- Great analytical skills
- Pragmatic, proactive and progressive
- Lean and agile approach: demonstrable experience of doing as little as possible to learn as much as possible
- Comfortable with everything from ‘helicopter view’ right down to getting hands dirty
- Finally, you believe in and live our BookingGo values
Contact us for more details and come and join us to make this happen.