Business Planning Analyst
Who we are
We're BookingGo, the ground transport division of Booking.com. We're the ones who empower people to get where they're going. Whether they're taking the wheel or sitting back and leaving it to the driver. Whether they're heading straight from A to B or enjoying the freedom to go wherever their journey takes them.
To do that, we offer car hire to our customers through our Rentalcars.com brand and car hire, taxis and ticketed transfer services through Booking.com. We also have a B2B solution, Rentalcars Connect, providing great ground transportation options to the customers of our partners
With our HQ in Manchester, we're part of the worldwide Booking.com family. At the same time, we're proud of our own unique identity. Speaking 42 languages, our 2,000+ staff come from all over the world, just like our customers. What brings us together is our love of adventure: our own as well as other people's. It's easy to be passionate about a job that enriches so many lives on a daily basis, and our workplace reflects our passion, our diversity, our global focus. Just search "Manchester's coolest office" and see for yourself.
And we're in good company. Together with priceline.com, KAYAK, agoda.com, and OpenTable, we're part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
Booking Go values
- We love getting it done
- We love straight talking
- We love doing stuff together
- We love being different
- We love having fun
We are looking for a commercially driven individual to join our Business Planning Team in Marketing on a permanent basis, supporting the Business Planning Manager.
The key purpose of this role is to support business planning activities for the Marketing department, putting you at the heart of our budgeting and forecasting process, day to day trading and having the opportunity to influence the bottom line results through value adding analysis
You will make full use of your commercial acumen, embracing a data-led approach to recognise trading trends and their drivers to produce recommendations on our key performance levers. You will provide actionable insight to support business decision making and planning, acting as a business partner to the Marketing team and the wider business. You will have a proven capability of extracting relevant and accurate data from various sources, as well as being able to model and present this in easy to follow and maintainable formats.
- Supporting the quarterly forecasting and budget process for key revenue and customer acquisition departments, helping to develop the process to make it truly agile and fit for a growing business
- Conducting variance analysis that highlights the risk and opportunities to improve business performance by adding context, conclusions and recommendations
- Collaboration with marketing channels to provide insight to wider team and business
- Using your commercial knowledge, understand and identify trading concerns and their impacts on marketing channel performance and future expectations
- Supporting other teams within Business Planning and Marketing as needed
- Performing analysis that interrogates, supports and challenges business assumptions
- Qualified/part qualified accountant
- Experience of financial planning or forecasting
- Strong excel and modelling skills
- Able to understand trading concerns and their impacts
- Able to deliver insight from data sets and provide recommendations
- Able to write simple SQL queries to transform, shape and store data
- Strong analytical skills with commercial acumen, with the ability to identify opportunities & threats
- Able to balance the need for accuracy and efficiency
- Strong communication skills especially when clarifying requirements and managing expectations with non-technical and less data-savvy colleagues
- Good working knowledge of PowerBI
- Business partnering experience
- You proactively communicate with your stakeholders and are able to manage the expectations of multiple stakeholders
- A strong team player with a commitment to delivering a high level of internal customer service
- Adaptable and resourceful, you are looking for a role that gives you both autonomy and accountability
- You have a high level of self-motivation and determination to get the job done to the highest standards
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone highly analytical and commercial, with a willingness to work on their own initiative as well as part of a team, to impact the business at the highest level.