Who are we?
We're BookingGo, the ground transport division of Booking.com. We're the ones who empower people to get where they're going. Whether they're taking the wheel or sitting back and leaving it to the driver. Whether they're heading straight from A to B or enjoying the freedom to go wherever their journey takes them.
To do that, we offer car hire to our customers through our Rentalcars.com brand and car hire, taxis and ticketed transfer services through Booking.com. We also have a B2B solution, Rentalcars Connect, providing great ground transportation options to the customers of our partners
With our HQ in Manchester, we're part of the worldwide Booking.com family. At the same time, we're proud of our own unique identity. Speaking 42 languages, our 2,000+ staff come from all over the world, just like our customers. What brings us together is our love of adventure: our own as well as other people's. It's easy to be passionate about a job that enriches so many lives on a daily basis, and our workplace reflects our passion, our diversity, our global focus. Just search "Manchester's coolest office" and see for yourself.
And we're in good company. Together with priceline.com, KAYAK, agoda.com, and OpenTable, we're part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
Where we are going
- Cross functional agile teams who own their products in a Continuous Delivery DevOps environment
- Revolutionise our online customer experience through a great web site and mobile app
- Data driven decisions using Kibana, Hadoop, monitoring, Big Data, MI and MVT testing
- Continuous improvement, keeping it simple and developing the team
- Great engineering practices with a focus on TDD and BDD principles and a strong focus on non-functional requirements at the beginning rather than an afterthought
- Manage the entire Engineering Compliance and Risk Management programme
- Plan, coordinate and oversee the delivery of the Engineering compliance and risk management programme activities, consisting of SOX compliance, Business Continuity, Technology Risks and further Risk Management activities
- Ownership of proactive communication, delivery and reporting for these key initiatives across all impacted teams and to Engineering leadership
- Stakeholder communication & management, including working closely with control owners, Engineering colleagues and colleagues in the broader company compliance team to deliver the programme of work effectively
- During audit periods, manage the audit and especially the evidence gathering phase at a detailed level to ensure auditors are provided with evidence needed in a timely fashion
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of control framework, working with control owners and domain experts to identify areas for improvement and lead the resulting change lifecycle through to completion
- Ensure all compliance health-checking activities are executed according to business requirements
- Work closely with company internal audit team, external auditors such as Deloitte and other external parties where required
- Manage remediation and improvement programmes, working with the Product, Engineering, and the wider business to ensure roadmaps are aligned, including feeding into quarterly planning process where appropriate
- Own and drive delivery governance across the organisation, ensuring this is fit for purpose and fits in with existing practices and organisation culture
- Manage technology risks, and broader Engineering Risk management programme on an ongoing basis, ensuring action plans are in place and up to date for all know risks, working with wider business to identify new risks on an ongoing basis
- Outside of risk and compliance activities, this role is also expected to provide some project management support for our Infrastructure teams, supporting critical cross-team delivery
Skills we are looking for
- Proven experience of delivering risk and compliance programmes in digital organisations
- Proven experience using a range of lean/agile project/programme management methods
- Proven experience balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity
- Experience of managing stakeholders and working closely with teams of people responsible for delivery in complex organisations
- Experience of managing external parties that are critical to delivery success
- Proven experience of stakeholder engagement and stakeholder management at all levels of an organisation
- Proven experience in IT Project Management in an agile and fast-paced commercial environment
We are looking for an experienced and adaptable Delivery Manager to join the organisation to drive delivery of our key business initiatives that are important across our group. In this role you will work closely with the current product led organisation structure to deliver these changes, ensuring you work together to drive delivery and best practices.
Other beneficial skills
- Knowledge and experience of Lean working and principles.
- Previous experience in product lead role
- Software engineering background.
- Experience of Lean UX
- Teaching, mentoring, supporting people.
- Experience with delivery and collaboration management tools such as JIRA, confluence, slack, workplace
What do we offer our employees?
- Ownership of your work and a great technical challenge
- A great new office to work in the heart of Manchester
- Great facilities including subsidised canteen and Starbucks, free breakfast & fruit and cycle hub
- An exciting and dynamic place to work
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays (rising to 28 days after 3 years of service)
- Great discounts on accommodation, car rentals and other group benefits
- Opportunity to shape the future of the team
- Software development kit that works!
We want our colleagues to have a work life balance that works both for them and the business. Our core hours are 10-4 with flexibility around that within a 37.5 hour week. We are also open to considering other flexible working arrangements. Our Talent Specialists will discuss this with you if your application is progressed.