We're BookingGo, the ground transport division of Booking.com. We're the ones who empower people to get where they're going. Whether they're taking the wheel or sitting back and leaving it to the driver. Whether they're heading straight from A to B or enjoying the freedom to go wherever their journey takes them.
To do that, we offer car hire to our customers through our Rentalcars.com brand and car hire, taxis and ticketed transfer services through Booking.com. We also have a B2B solution, Rentalcars Connect, providing great ground transportation options to the customers of our partners
With our HQ in Manchester, we're part of the worldwide Booking.com family. At the same time, we're proud of our own unique identity. Speaking 42 languages, our 2,000+ staff come from all over the world, just like our customers. What brings us together is our love of adventure: our own as well as other people's. It's easy to be passionate about a job that enriches so many lives on a daily basis, and our workplace reflects our passion, our diversity, our global focus. Just search "Manchester's coolest office" and see for yourself.
And we're in good company. Together with priceline.com, KAYAK, agoda.com, and OpenTable, we're part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services
Day-to-day commercial decision making will be key to being successful in the role. This includes pricing and promotion levers. It may also involve negotiating with third parties from time to time to deliver our customer and financial targets across multiple jurisdictions.
You will support the development of new propositions for customers, working with other departments, across the business, as well as working with and through our regulated insurance entity and third-party insurers. We aim to greatly expand our product range and depth for customers across the travel industry and beyond and this role will play an important part in doing this.
You will also be responsible for developing our ways of working and building new ones, while also driving the development of our MI and reporting capability for Insurance.
Naturally all this needs to be done in a way that complies with all external and internal insurance regulations and policies.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Expert in understanding the key drivers of insurance performance, tracking sales and margin performance, then define and agree actions to achieve agreed business targets
- Competitor tracking to ensure profit and revenue opportunities are maximised and any risks highlighted
- Monitor and manage the performance of 3rd party suppliers to pre-agreed targets / sales growth, identify and escalate any areas of risk or opportunity
- Develop “Insurance fact books” that capture all of our learnings to date and outline a series of hypotheses to test, furthering our learnings and improving our knowledge
- Work closely with your colleagues in Analytics and Data Science to explore new ways of extracting the maximum value possible from each customer segment
- Lead the development of our Insurance pricing tools and associated processes.
- Work closely with colleagues in car pricing to ensure optimal pricing across car and insurance.
- Ensure we work in a compliant manner with all of our commercial processes
- Regular communication and updates to the Commercial Trading teams on developments with Insurance pricing
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Tenacity to work in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment.
- Confident and analytical approach to problem solving and decision making.
- Ability to communicate confidently and professionally with internal teams and departments.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as work independently.
- Self-motivated with a positive outlook with an enthusiastic approach to work.
- Effective organisation and time management skills.
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge:
Minimum 2 year experience in a Commercial Insurance role and relevant proven analytical A levels or Degree
Microsoft Office applications, especially advanced use of Excel and preferrable to have other analytical tool capability like Tableau or Power BI