We're BookingGo, the ground transport division of Booking.com. We're the ones who empower people to get where they're going. Whether they're taking the wheel or sitting back and leaving it to the driver. Whether they're heading straight from A to B or enjoying the freedom to go wherever their journey takes them.
To do that, we offer car hire to our customers through our Rentalcars.com brand and car hire, taxis and ticketed transfer services through Booking.com. We also have a B2B solution, Rentalcars Connect, providing great ground transportation options to the customers of our partners
With our HQ in Manchester, we're part of the worldwide Booking.com family. At the same time, we're proud of our own unique identity. Speaking 42 languages, our 2,000+ staff come from all over the world, just like our customers. What brings us together is our love of adventure: our own as well as other people's. It's easy to be passionate about a job that enriches so many lives on a daily basis, and our workplace reflects our passion, our diversity, our global focus. Just search "Manchester's coolest office" and see for yourself.
And we're in good company. Together with priceline.com, KAYAK, agoda.com, and OpenTable, we're part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
With our HQ in Manchester and the office in Monument, we’re part of the worldwide Booking.com family. At the same time, we’re proud of our own unique identity. Speaking 42 languages, our 1,600+ staff come from all over the world, just like our customers. What brings us together is our love of adventure: our own as well as other people’s. It’s easy to be passionate about a job that enriches so many lives on a daily basis, and our workplace reflects our passion, our diversity, our global focus. Just search “Manchester’s coolest office” and see for yourself. And we’re in good company. Together with priceline.com, KAYAK, agoda.com, and OpenTable, we’re part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
As BookingGo rides looks to expand into totally new transport types, we are looking for an exceptional data analyst who wants to join the new London Office for BookingGo Rides. This office has been formed with a focus on New Product Development – and retains the autonomy and fast-paced environment you would expect from a start-up.
The role will be Data Analyst (New Products), and work closely with the three product teams in London and will have access to analytics community within Booking.com. The role will report into the Senior Analyst in the Rides Insights team and be based in our brand new Monument office.
This is a new role and a fantastic opportunity for someone with a can-do attitude who is willing to get stuck in from day 1, whether that be primary research, building reports and visualization, complex analysis, defining strategy, presenting to senior stakeholders. As a rapidly growing business, we would expect you to grow and adapt faster than the business does around you – this is the perfect way to get into new product development, one of the hottest areas in the tech industry.
The role would most strongly appeal to a highly analytical candidate, with a real willingness to get stuck in, have an impact from day one, and build a business with us.
Skills and experience
- Expert Excel user: ability to understand and build complex spreadsheets
- Strong SQL skills: ability to efficiently extract and manipulate data from large and complex databases
- Strong knowledge of BI tools (such as Power BI or Tableau): ability to build and maintain dashboards and reports
- Experience with statistical modelling techniques would be a strong plus
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics and Google BigQuery would be a strong plus
- Extract and manipulate data from multiple data sources for analysis and reporting purposes
- Design, build and maintain a set of product dashboards and reports to meet specific business requirements from different teams and at different levels of leadership
- Develop, perform and document processes to monitor data quality and integrity. Develop and maintain data dictionaries
- Ensure increase of efficiency through automation
- Work effectively with diverse stakeholders across multiple departments within the business, including developers and architects
- Analytical in approach, determined and passionate about delivering an impact on the business
- A real team player – who is willing to go well beyond the scope of a traditional analyst
- Commitment to personal and professional development, seeks and acts on feedback
- Desire to understand how business processes and systems work, not afraid to get into the detail
- Robust & resilient, a completer/finisher with an attention to detail
- Sense of ownership of the understanding & quality of the data that the team rely upon
- Have fun