Who are we?
We're BookingGo, the ground transport division of Booking.com. We're the ones who empower people to get where they're going. Whether they're taking the wheel or sitting back and leaving it to the driver. Whether they're heading straight from A to B or enjoying the freedom to go wherever their journey takes them.
To do that, we offer car hire to our customers through our Rentalcars.com brand and car hire, taxis and ticketed transfer services through Booking.com. We also have a B2B solution, Rentalcars Connect, providing great ground transportation options to the customers of our partners
With our HQ in Manchester, we're part of the worldwide Booking.com family. At the same time, we're proud of our own unique identity. Speaking 42 languages, our 2,000+ staff come from all over the world, just like our customers. What brings us together is our love of adventure: our own as well as other people's. It's easy to be passionate about a job that enriches so many lives on a daily basis, and our workplace reflects our passion, our diversity, our global focus. Just search "Manchester's coolest office" and see for yourself.
And we're in good company. Together with priceline.com, KAYAK, agoda.com, and OpenTable, we're part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
Engineering is a multi-skilled group of over 200 people responsible for providing the technology to enable the Rentalcars.com business. It is a fast paced, dynamic, exciting and driven environment providing services on a 24x7 basis. We provide all the touch points for our online customer experience through a market leading app, a great web site and all the software services and business systems to manage our customers and products. Our goal is to create a great customer experience across all platforms which help us deliver growth for our business.
We have a great journey ahead and our vision is to radically change the working practices to realise our ambition of being a “World Class” engineering function and the “Technology Employer of Choice” in the Northwest and beyond. Make no mistake we have a challenging journey ahead but we are committed to delivering a great customer experience across web, mobile, call centre and partner channels and this is where you could fit in.
Who you are
- You enjoy collaborating with other people to solve problems
- You enjoy getting into the details diving into technical problems and pursuing project risks
- You love working with tech because there's always something new to learn
- Someone who will challenge yourself to grow everyday
- A generous teammate who offers to help others when needed
- You like using the right tool for the right job, you're flexible about how you get the task done
- Passionate about refining and improving both working practices and the customer experience
- To teach you about - and behave in accordance with - our core values:
- Being Different
- Getting It Done
- Doing Stuff Together
- Having Fun
- Straight Talking
- To give you everything you need to take your career in the direction you want
- To set you up to contribute to BookingGo's mission in the best way you can
- Able to learn new technologies quickly
- An eagerness to learn new tools and skills
- Appreciation of agile ways of working
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Exploratory testing skills
What you'll be doing
- Engaging closely with developers, product owners, designers, and other test team members to deliver a world-class product
- Exploring and evaluating features right through the development process, from inception to delivery (and beyond)
- Participating in daily deployments by testing and verifying changes
What do we offer our employees?
- Ownership of your work and a great technical challenge
- A great new office to work in the heart of Manchester
- Great facilities including subsidised canteen and Starbucks, free breakfast & fruit and cycle hub
- An exciting and dynamic place to work
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays (rising to 28 days after 3 years of service)
- Great discounts on accommodation, car rentals and other group benefits
- Opportunity to shape the future of the team
- Software development kit that works!
We want our colleagues to have a work life balance that works both for them and the business. Our core hours are 10-4 with flexibility around that within a 37.5 hour week. We are also open to considering other flexible working arrangements. Our Talent Specialists will discuss this with you if your application is progressed.