We’re BookingGo, the ground transport division of Booking.com. We’re the ones who empower people to get where they’re going. Whether they’re taking the wheel or sitting back and leaving it to the driver. Whether they’re heading straight from A to B or enjoying the freedom to go wherever their journey takes them.
With our HQ in Manchester, we’re part of the worldwide Booking.com family. At the same time, we’re proud of our own unique identity. Speaking 42 languages, our 2,000+ staff come from all over the world, just like our customers. What brings us together is our love of adventure: our own as well as other people’s. It’s easy to be passionate about a job that enriches so many lives on a daily basis, and our workplace reflects our passion, our diversity, our global focus. Just search “Manchester’s coolest office” and see for yourself.
What we offer in return
- Opportunity to shape the future of the team
- Involvement and budget to work with some of the latest technologies
- Admin to systems and training tools providing a huge amount of learning opportunity
- Ownership of your work and a great technical challenge
- A fantastic office in the heart of Manchester
- Great facilities including subsidised canteen and Starbucks, free breakfast & fruit, cycle hub and break out spaces
- An exciting and dynamic place to work
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Great discounts on hotels, car rentals and other group benefits
Where we are going as a department:
- Cross-functional agile teams focused on product ownership and Continuous Delivery in a DevOps environment
- Revolutionize our online customer experience through a great website and mobile app
- Data-driven decisions using Kibana, Hadoop, Big Data, MI and MVT testing
- Continuous improvement and team development. We keep it simple
- Great engineering practices, with a focus on Test-Driven and Behaviour-Driven Development principles
- Strong design focus on non-functional requirements at the design stage, rather than as an afterthought
- Implement and support our highly performing and resilient network infrastructure, both on-premises and in our expanding cloud presence.
- Monitor Network Systems using a range of network tools and reacting to problems.
- Diagnosing, Troubleshooting and resolving data centre connectivity issues.
- Design and develop cloud-based networks across the major platforms – AWS, GCP and Azure – to provide stability, scalability and availability to our users and systems
- Collaborate with teams to improve on-premises and cloud networks, using telemetry data to drive decision-making
- Mitigate recurring problems with our highly available production systems by designing solutions with automation.
- Share the on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for incidents
- The occasional visits to datacentre to carry out installation of equipment
Skills we are looking for
We are looking for a superb and enthusiastic Network Infrastructure Engineer, working within our Networks team who will push the boundaries to deliver brilliant solutions and contribute to shaping our future. We expect a solid understanding of engineering principles, and the energy and passion to deliver using a whole range of technologies.
- A solid foundation in Networking and Network principles.
- Experience supporting network infrastructure in a large-scale environment.
- Good understanding of networking technologies used with cloud providers such Amazon and Google.
- Experience with Juniper as a vendor
- Experience with Routing, Switching and Firewalling platforms.
- Extensive, hands on experience of working with routing protocols in a large network (BGP, OSPF etc.) and a solid understanding of Ethernet switching
- Understanding of Layer 3 VPN technologies.
- Exposure and knowledge of Automation technologies in Networking (Python, Ansible, NAPALM).
- Working knowledge of IPSEC VPN technologies and experience of building mixed-vendor site-to-site VPN solutions.
- Ability to proactively share knowledge and best practice throughout the team.
- Ability to analyse performance data to identify bottlenecks and suggest improvements
- A very strong "can do" attitude
- Ability and willingness to learn new things quickly is essential
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, under pressure
- Good communication skills and able to work well with people from all disciplines
- Ability to make a significant impact and take the responsibility to do the right thing.