Head of Data and BI
We're BookingGo, the ground transport division of Booking.com. We're the ones who empower people to get where they're going. Whether they're taking the wheel or sitting back and leaving it to the driver. Whether they're heading straight from A to B or enjoying the freedom to go wherever their journey takes them.
To do that, we offer car hire to our customers through our Rentalcars.com brand and car hire, taxis and ticketed transfer services through Booking.com. We also have a B2B solution, Rentalcars Connect, providing great ground transportation options to the customers of our partners
With our HQ in Manchester, we're part of the worldwide Booking.com family. At the same time, we're proud of our own unique identity. Speaking 42 languages, our 2,000+ staff come from all over the world, just like our customers. What brings us together is our love of adventure: our own as well as other people's. It's easy to be passionate about a job that enriches so many lives on a daily basis, and our workplace reflects our passion, our diversity, our global focus. Just search "Manchester's coolest office" and see for yourself.
And we're in good company. Together with priceline.com, KAYAK, agoda.com, and OpenTable, we're part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
About The Role
Reporting into the Chief Product Officer, the role is transformational at BookingGo.
We are seeking a Head of Data to be responsible for developing and governing our data and BI strategy in order to drive business decisions and growth. You will develop customer-centric data procedures and policies, and work closely with all departments to collect, prepare, organize, protect and analyse data assets while ensuring that the company meets industry best practices.
You will be responsible for delivering product excellence and innovation across multiple product teams. Your teams will cover our Data, BI, Data Science and Machine Learning capabilities including:
- Data warehouse based on SQL Server
- Finance and Management Reporting
- A/B and MVT Experiment Framework
- Customer Insight allowing Personalisation
Other duties will include leading inter-disciplinary teams, improving and streamlining data systems within the company, and driving innovation. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in data management in a Tier 1 ecommerce company, leadership in fast paced and customer centric organization and be intimately familiar with the latest in technology and data systems and 3rd party tools. A strong background in engineering, business and mathematics is advantageous.
As part of Booking.com, high performers can expect extensive opportunities for progression and development.
To successfully deliver change in a fast-paced working environment you will need to:
- Develop a deep understanding of the current and future customer needs across all areas of the business – and how those needs interact with your product portfolio
- Work with the Chief Product Officer, Chief Financial Officer and other senior stakeholders to define the overall strategy and direction for your product portfolio
- Build, lead and coach a team of Product Owners
- Work with senior architects, heads of development, delivery and operations to design and deliver products and services to delight our customers
- Be accountable for the end-to-end delivery of products within your portfolio
- Work with product teams, coaches and engineering to drive continuous efficiency improvements
- Communicate with key stakeholders to keep them up to date and bought into the product development process
- Have 10+ years’ experience as a manager of high performance, data and analytics teams in an ecommerce B2C or B2B environment
- A background in data, engineering, mathematics and business
- Identify and managing analytics projects for the ecommerce-centric functions and ensure that interpretations of the findings and insights are delivered to the appropriate senior stakeholders in order to inform and drive future performance and strategies
- Promoting the value of an insight and evidence-based culture across the organization, including recognizing where intelligence has wider impact and looking for opportunities to use and exchange data across the organization
- Have a proven track record of delivering successful, data-oriented products
- Be able to define and communicate product vision or strategy to others
- Be commercially aware and have a strategic mind, able to identify business opportunities and deliver against them
- Have great organisational skills, able to manage and deliver multiple products and projects simultaneously
- Be highly analytical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate with the business at all levels
- Be a highly motivated self-starter with a flexible, can-do attitude
- Have experience of driving product development through all phases of the product lifecycle
What we offer in return
- Ownership of your work and a great technical challenge
- A great new office to work in the heart of Manchester
- Great facilities including subsidised canteen and Starbucks, free breakfast & fruit, cycle hub and break out spaces
- An exciting and dynamic place to work
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Great discounts on car rentals and other group benefits