Who we are?
We're BookingGo, the ground transport division of Booking.com. We're the ones who empower people to get where they're going. Whether they're taking the wheel or sitting back and leaving it to the driver. Whether they're heading straight from A to B or enjoying the freedom to go wherever their journey takes them.
To do that, we offer car hire to our customers through our Rentalcars.com brand and car hire, taxis and ticketed transfer services through Booking.com. We also have a B2B solution, Rentalcars Connect, providing great ground transportation options to the customers of our partners
With our HQ in Manchester, we're part of the worldwide Booking.com family. At the same time, we're proud of our own unique identity. Speaking 42 languages, our 2,000+ staff come from all over the world, just like our customers. What brings us together is our love of adventure: our own as well as other people's. It's easy to be passionate about a job that enriches so many lives on a daily basis, and our workplace reflects our passion, our diversity, our global focus. Just search "Manchester's coolest office" and see for yourself.
And we're in good company. Together with priceline.com, KAYAK, agoda.com, and OpenTable, we're part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
We’re looking for a top-notch Senior UX writer for our writing team, working across our Booking.com and Rentalcars.com products.
You’ll work closely with product teams at the heart of our sites and apps, delivering innovative new customer experiences that demonstrably improve our customers’ experience each day. Our rigorous AB testing means you can measure the value you bring to the business. With the support of our translations team, you’ll deliver mobile-first copy in up to 42 languages.
• UX writing for BookingGo – across multiple products, brands, channels and languages.
• Uphold the brand values and tone of voice for your products – be the key advocate for customer needs.
• Be the dedicated writer for key product teams across the user journey.
• Manage senior stakeholders across the business in Manchester and Amsterdam to improve our customer offering every day.
• Build strong relationships and collaborate daily with colleagues in product, engineering, UX research, marketing, design and customer services for the best result.
• Write mobile-first user-focused copy and create innovative communication solutions.
• Use customer insight and research to inform everything you do.
• Always understand and respond to the needs of the user.
We work at breakneck speed, and to be successful you’ll need to:
• Demonstrate high-level skills in UX writing, and understand content design.
• Be fascinated by digital content - always championing new ideas and trends.
• Uphold the highest standards of English.
• Take ownership for the standard of writing across customer touch points.
• Work happily within a collaborative agile framework.
• Be highly flexible and adaptable. • Bounce back when your ideas get shot down.
• Be innovative and help your product teams make fast progress.
• Feel confident to argue your case and back it up with data.
• Build positive working relationships with colleagues and senior stakeholders across the business.
Educated to degree level (possibly in a communications-orientated area)
Experience of working in a digital/agile environment.
Strong demonstrable track-record of professional writing experience, likely 3-5 years’ worth
Experience of successful collaborative ways of working