We’re BookingGo, the ground transport division of Booking.com. We’re the ones who empower people to get where they’re going. Whether they’re taking the wheel or sitting back and leaving it to the driver. Whether they’re heading straight from A to B or enjoying the freedom to go wherever their journey takes them.
To do that, we operate multiple brands:
Booking.com – We’re the transport arm of the world’s leading travel booking site.
Rentalcars.com – The world’s biggest online car rental service, putting customers behind the wheel at over 50,000 locations worldwide.
Rideways – Finding the best way for each customer to get from A to B. Connect – Bringing our tried-and-tested magic to our partners’ sites, delivering seamless travel experiences through brands our customers already know and love.
With our HQ in Manchester, we’re part of the worldwide Booking.com family. At the same time, we’re proud of our own unique identity. Speaking 42 languages, our 2,000+ staff come from all over the world, just like our customers. What brings us together is our love of adventure: our own as well as other people’s. It’s easy to be passionate about a job that enriches so many lives on a daily basis, and our workplace reflects our passion, our diversity, our global focus. Just search “Manchester’s coolest office” and see for yourself. And we’re in good company. Together with priceline.com, KAYAK, agoda.com, and OpenTable, we’re part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
We are looking for a paralegal to join our great team of lawyers, working in Manchester's coolest offices right here in the city centre. We want and need our Legal Team to be involved in everything that we do - and we are doing a lot! Not only are we growing exponentially we are constantly looking for new and innovative ways to be involved in the customer journey of ground transportation and car rental. Involve leading technology and you get a glimpse of the vision we have for the future of our business. You will assist the Legal Team with the provision of legal services to all parts of the business (as required) but with a primary focus on customer services and marketing.
This role will involve:
- Building up a strong knowledge of the business and the function of the Legal Team
- Assisting and supporting members of the Legal Team, particularly with regards to Customer Services, Product and Marketing
- Collating information from the business for regulatory disputes and legal claims and presenting this information in a clear and concise format
- Considering the correct approach to take for legal claims including defence and settlement options
- Analysing and reviewing contractual documents, referring questions to the relevant teams within the business and drafting amendments
- Drafting contractual documents
- Creating guidance documents and training material for teams within the business
- Managing internal and external deadlines
- Researching a broad range of legal topics
- Administrative tasks including logging regulatory contact, organising trade mark certificates and schedules, arranging for documents to be processed and reviewing legal post
Skills and Experience
- Educated to a degree standard in UK Law
- At least 1 years’ experience in a legal or legal support role with a reputable law firm or in-house team
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent drafting skills
- Confidence in your ability to provide assistance to the legal team
- Able to demonstrate commercial awareness and understanding of the business requirements
- Professional and collaborative approach
- A high standard of knowledge and use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)