We are looking for an enthusiastic, proactive Account Manager who has great experience of sourcing, implementing & growing Supply relationships. Within the Taxi & Private Hire sector, you will be responsible for generating and closing leads with potential suppliers, a can-do attitude and a willingness to get involved across all the commercial elements of a business, whether that be improving supplier performance, managing relationships, identifying trading opportunity, training new team members or involved in shaping product development.
Within your portfolio, you will be targeted on growing your supply base, optimising your area through growing coverage, negotiating rates & sourcing new categories whilst ensuring our suppliers are offering an unrivalled customer experience. Working closely with the team and the Area Managers, you will ensure your portfolio contributes to the department targets whilst meeting your own objectives.
This is a really exciting time to join the business, as we are continuing to scale up aggressively in line with Booking.com’s global supply coverage to connect the customer during every part of their trip.
We’re BookingGo, the ground transport division of Booking.com. We’re the ones who empower people to get where they’re going. Whether they’re taking the wheel or sitting back and leaving it to the driver. Whether they’re heading straight from A to B or enjoying the freedom to go wherever their journey takes them.
To do that, we operate multiple brands:
Booking.com – We’re the transport arm of the world’s leading travel booking site.
Rentalcars.com – The world’s biggest online car rental service, putting customers behind the wheel at over 50,000 locations worldwide.
Rides – Finding the best way for each customer to get from A to B.
Connect – Bringing our tried-and-tested magic to our partners’ sites, delivering seamless travel experiences through brands our customers already know and love.
With our HQ in Manchester, we’re part of the worldwide Booking.com family. At the same time, we’re proud of our own unique identity. Speaking 42 languages, our 1,600+ staff come from all over the world, just like our customers. What brings us together is our love of adventure: our own as well as other people’s. It’s easy to be passionate about a job that enriches so many lives on a daily basis, and our workplace reflects our passion, our diversity, our global focus. Just search “Manchester’s coolest office” and see for yourself. And we’re in good company. Together with priceline.com, KAYAK, agoda.com, and OpenTable, we’re part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
Who are you?
- Excellent commercial awareness in decision making
- Experience of negotiating rates and contracts to ensure the business has the best offers & services available to our customers
- Hands-on & can-do attitude in an environment that is rapidly changing
- Independently motivated and driven, and able to work closely with a team and share knowledge
- Focussed on Trading performance for your portfolio and proactive in searching for opportunity
- An effective communicator with external suppliers across all channels (verbal and written)
- Naturally builds strong and lasting supplier relationships
- Highly organised
- Prepared to travel as part of the role
- Identify and generate high-quality leads to increase the pipeline and onboard partners that fit the profile of our strategy
- Build relationships with suppliers to enable you to build a quarterly plan on growing the size & performance your portfolio
- Conduct site visits internationally to win over potential suppliers, understand their suitability and their operations, and what development might be required
- Negotiate on price, contractual obligations and quality
- Ensure suppliers details and rates are loaded accurately
- Monitor competitor pricing and utilize in making data-driven decisions
- Provide regular reporting on your portfolio performance, opportunity & risks and an action plan to move forward
- Get involved in business improvement projects as necessary, look to push & develop yourself working on projects outside of your core day to day
- Relevant experience gained in a similar role or environment is essential
- Educated to degree level
- Good working use of Microsoft Office applications, including high levels of Excel & PowerPoint applications
- Demonstrated experience in the Travel sector
- Demonstrated ability to deliver to targets
- A second language would be an advantage