We’re BookingGo, the ground transport division of Booking.com. We’re the ones who empower people to get where they’re going. Whether they’re taking the wheel or sitting back and leaving it to the driver. Whether they’re heading straight from A to B or enjoying the freedom to go wherever their journey takes them.
To do that, we operate multiple brands: Booking.com, Rentalcars.com, taxi.booking.com and Connect!
With our HQ in Manchester, we’re part of the worldwide Booking.com family. At the same time, we’re proud of our own unique identity. Speaking 42 languages, our 1,600+ staff come from all over the world, just like our customers. What brings us together is our love of adventure: our own as well as other people’s. It’s easy to be passionate about a job that enriches so many lives on a daily basis, and our workplace reflects our passion, our diversity, our global focus. Just search “Manchester’s coolest office” and see for yourself.
And we’re in good company. Together with priceline.com, KAYAK, agoda.com, and OpenTable, we’re part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
Where we are going
- Cross functional agile teams who own their products in a Continuous Delivery DevOps environment
- Revolutionise our online customer experience through a great web site and mobile app
- Data driven decisions using Kibana, Hadoop, monitoring, Big Data, MI and MVT testing
- Continuous improvement, keeping it simple and developing the team
- Great engineering practices with a focus on TDD and BDD principles and a strong focus on non-functional requirements at the beginning rather than an afterthought
- Decoupled service orientated architecture with resilience and adaptability built in
What we offer in return
- Ownership of your work and a great technical challenge
- A great new office to work in the heart of Manchester
- Great facilities including subsidised canteen and Starbucks, free breakfast & fruit + cycle hub
- An exciting and dynamic place to work
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Great discounts on car rentals and other group benefits
- Opportunity to shape the future of the team
- Line management of a team of Delivery leads
- Manage key business programme initiatives from inception through to delivery across multiple teams, product groups and other parts of the business.
- Ownership of delivery and reporting for these key initiatives across all impacted teams
- Stakeholder and communication management, including working closely with Engineering and Product sponsors to deliver these key business initiatives
- Manage dependencies, risks, issues, go live plans and challenging delivery thinking
- Management of external parties where required
- Work with the Product, Engineering, and the wider business to ensure roadmaps are aligned on initiative goals, including feeding into quarterly planning process
- Own and drive delivery governance across the organisation, ensuring this is fit for purpose and fits in with existing practices and organisation culture
- Work alongside the agile coaching team to continuously improve delivery best practice
- Challenge the business to think in an evolutionary manner and support the transformations
Skills we are looking for
- Proven experience of delivering critical business initiatives in digital organisations with Product and Engineering led teams
- Proven experience using a range of lean/agile project/programme management methods
- Proven experience balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity
- Experience of managing teams of people responsible for delivery in complex organisations
- Experience of managing external parties that are critical to delivery success
- Proven experience of stakeholder engagement and stakeholder management at all levels of an organisation
We are looking for an experienced and adaptable Delivery Manager to join the organisation to drive delivery of our key business initiatives that are important across our group. In this role you will work closely with the current product led organisation structure to deliver these changes, ensuring you work together to drive delivery and best practices.
Other beneficial skills
- Knowledge and experience of Lean working and principles.
- Previous experience in product lead role
- Software engineering background.
- Experience of Lean UX
- Teaching, mentoring, supporting people.
- Experience with delivery and collaboration management tools such as JIRA, confluence, slack, workplace
Think you’ve got what it takes to drive forward a new role in our organisation?