Product Owner – Booking Engine
We're BookingGo, the ground transport division of Booking.com. We're the ones who empower people to get where they're going. Whether they're taking the wheel or sitting back and leaving it to the driver. Whether they're heading straight from A to B or enjoying the freedom to go wherever their journey takes them.
To do that, we offer car hire to our customers through our Rentalcars.com brand and car hire, taxis and ticketed transfer services through Booking.com. We also have a B2B solution, Rentalcars Connect, providing great ground transportation options to the customers of our partners
With our HQ in Manchester, we're part of the worldwide Booking.com family. At the same time, we're proud of our own unique identity. Speaking 42 languages, our 2,000+ staff come from all over the world, just like our customers. What brings us together is our love of adventure: our own as well as other people's. It's easy to be passionate about a job that enriches so many lives on a daily basis, and our workplace reflects our passion, our diversity, our global focus. Just search "Manchester's coolest office" and see for yourself.
And we're in good company. Together with priceline.com, KAYAK, agoda.com, and OpenTable, we're part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
About the Role
At BookingGo, Technical POs work with the Product Teams, to drive the rapid and robust delivery of amazing products for our Customers and Partners. We are looking for a highly motivated Technical Product Owner who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment and lives to delight the customer.
You will be responsible for delivering product excellence and innovation across one or multiple product teams.
You will report into a Senior Product Owner in the Product organisation. As part of a Tech Company growing quickly, high performers can expect extensive opportunities for progression and development.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a superb and enthusiastic Technical Product Owner who will be working with our Product Teams, Architects and Principals to shape the future of our web and mobile app platform. We expect you to have strong analytical skills, understand technology and be able to collaborate with stakeholders across the organisation.
- Robust business analysis skills, techniques including writing user stories, acceptance criteria and documenting technical requirements
- Experience in product discovery
- Proficient in working within an Agile Product based organisation
- Solid experience of modelling system workflows, components and data models
- Solid experience of running workshops
- Experience communicating concepts and ideas to stakeholders at all levels within organisations
- Confident personality to help influence decision-making at all levels within an organisation
- Ability to simplify complex problems into component parts and evaluate systematically
- Evidence of problem solving and providing creative solutions
- Take ownership of gathering requirements by working with cross functional teams
- Collect, understand, and communicate the business requirements for Products and Services by translating them into user stories and acceptance criteria
- Elicit, analyse and document processes, workflows and models
- Facilitate workshops to expose stories, identify acceptance criteria and construct backlogs
- Manage the release backlog and work with delivery teams to keep it up to date
- Work with Product Teams to estimate backlog items and ensure optimal flow through the delivery process
- Gather, analyse, and report on usage data to benchmark and measure the performance of the product
- Ensure that the appropriate solution governance, compliance and resilience is built into solutions
- You must have a clear sense of ownership and maintain the highest quality across the solutions you produce
- Adhere to the default principles for Architecture, quality and non-functional requirements
- Collaborate with the team and others to deliver high quality solutions
- Contribute to the evolution of best practices of the department
- Write, review and take responsibility for clear, concise and comprehensive technical documentation
- Be passionate and engaging
Other highly beneficial skills
- Rich experience with BDD
- Experience of working on web-based and mobile app systems
- Experience of working on finance systems
- Experience working with a development team based off-shore
- Experience of working with data and SQL
- Understanding of monitoring and analytical tools such as Kibana and Grafana
- Deep understanding of e-commerce business models
- Robust understanding of A/B testing
What we offer in return
- Ownership of your work and a great technical challenge
- A great new office to work in the heart of Manchester
- Great facilities including subsidised canteen and Starbucks, free breakfast & fruit, cycle hub and break out spaces
- An exciting and dynamic place to work
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Great discounts on car rentals and other group benefits
- Opportunity to shape the future of the team
- Software development kit that works