Senior Product Owner - Data and Reporting
We're BookingGo, the ground transport division of Booking.com. We're the ones who empower people to get where they're going. Whether they're taking the wheel or sitting back and leaving it to the driver. Whether they're heading straight from A to B or enjoying the freedom to go wherever their journey takes them.
To do that, we offer car hire to our customers through our Rentalcars.com brand and car hire, taxis and ticketed transfer services through Booking.com. We also have a B2B solution, Rentalcars Connect, providing great ground transportation options to the customers of our partners
With our HQ in Manchester, we're part of the worldwide Booking.com family. At the same time, we're proud of our own unique identity. Speaking 42 languages, our 2,000+ staff come from all over the world, just like our customers. What brings us together is our love of adventure: our own as well as other people's. It's easy to be passionate about a job that enriches so many lives on a daily basis, and our workplace reflects our passion, our diversity, our global focus. Just search "Manchester's coolest office" and see for yourself.
And we're in good company. Together with priceline.com, KAYAK, agoda.com, and OpenTable, we're part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
About The Role
At BookingGo, data drives our business and our Data & Reporting Product Group is one of the most crucial Product Groups within the business. We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Product Owner who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment and lives to delight the customer.
You will be responsible for delivering product excellence and innovation across multiple product teams. Your teams will cover our BI, data and reporting capability including:
- Data Warehouse based on SQL Server
- Finance and Management Reporting
- A/B and MVT Experiment Framework
- Customer Insight allowing Personalisation
You will report into the Head of Data and Reporting under the Product organisation. As part of a Tech Company growing quickly, high performers can expect extensive opportunities for progression and development.
To successfully deliver change in a fast paced working environment you will need to:
- Develop a deep understanding of the current and future customer needs across all areas of the business – and how those needs interact with your product portfolio
- Work with the Chief Product Officer, Chief Financial Officer and other senior stakeholders to define the overall strategy and direction for your product portfolio
- Build, lead and coach a team of Product Owners
- Work with senior architects, heads of development, delivery and operations to design and deliver products and services to delight our customers
- Be accountable for the end-to-end delivery of products within your portfolio
- Work with product teams, coaches and engineering to drive continuous efficiency improvements
- Communicate with key stakeholders to keep them up to date and bought into the product development process
- Have 5+ years’ experience as a Product Owner or Senior Product Owner, ideally in an ecommerce or travel related field
- Have a proven track record of delivering successful, data-oriented products
- Be able to define and communicate product vision or strategy to others
- Be commercially aware and have a strategic mind, able to identify business opportunities and deliver against them
- Have great organisational skills, able to manage and deliver multiple products and projects simultaneously
- Be highly analytical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate with the business at all levels
- Understand what an exceptional user experience entails and how to deliver it whilst balancing against other competing priorities
- Be a highly motivated self-starter with a flexible, can-do attitude
- Have experience of driving product development through all phases of the product lifecycle
What we offer in return
- Ownership of your work and a great technical challenge
- A great new office to work in the heart of Manchester
- Great facilities including subsidised canteen and Starbucks, free breakfast & fruit, cycle hub and break out spaces
- An exciting and dynamic place to work
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Great discounts on car rentals and other group benefits
- Opportunity to shape the future of the team
- Software development kit that works