Product Owner – Data and Reporting
We're BookingGo, the ground transport division of Booking.com. We're the ones who empower people to get where they're going. Whether they're taking the wheel or sitting back and leaving it to the driver. Whether they're heading straight from A to B or enjoying the freedom to go wherever their journey takes them.
To do that, we offer car hire to our customers through our Rentalcars.com brand and car hire, taxis and ticketed transfer services through Booking.com. We also have a B2B solution, Rentalcars Connect, providing great ground transportation options to the customers of our partners
With our HQ in Manchester, we're part of the worldwide Booking.com family. At the same time, we're proud of our own unique identity. Speaking 42 languages, our 2,000+ staff come from all over the world, just like our customers. What brings us together is our love of adventure: our own as well as other people's. It's easy to be passionate about a job that enriches so many lives on a daily basis, and our workplace reflects our passion, our diversity, our global focus. Just search "Manchester's coolest office" and see for yourself.
And we're in good company. Together with priceline.com, KAYAK, agoda.com, and OpenTable, we're part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
About the role
We are looking for a highly motivated Product Owner who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment and lives to delight the customer.
You will be responsible for delivering product excellence and innovation along with a product team. Your team will either cover a key part of our customer journey or a critical part of our internal product delivery. You will be working at the heart of our business enabling analysts to extract valuable data and enabling us to make informed decisions on our product offering.
You will report directly into a Senior Product Owner. As part of a fast growing Tech Company, high performers can expect extensive opportunities for progression and development.
To successfully deliver change in a fast paced working environment you will need to:
- Develop a deep understanding of current and future customer needs
- Work with the Senior Product Owner and other senior stakeholders to define the overall strategy vision for your product to deliver against those needs
- Work collaboratively with a delivery team of developers, designers and testers to design and deliver products to delight our customers
- Be accountable for the end-to-end delivery of your product
- Work with agile coaches and your team to drive continuous efficiency improvements
- Communicate with multiple key stakeholders to keep them up to date and bought into your product development
- Analytical in approach; determined and passionate about delivering an impact
- Commitment to personal and professional development; seeks and acts on feedback
- Desires to understand how business processes and systems work; not afraid to get into the detail
- Able to communicate effectively to all levels within the business
- Plans and prioritises effectively; comfortable with ambiguity and pragmatism when plans change
- Seeks out new opportunities with an entrepreneurial style
Desired Skills & Experience
- Degree educated
- Working in either a BI Manager / Analystics Manager role or a product role within data
- Proven experience with ETL and Data Warehousing.
- Proven experience of working effectively with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organisational & time management skills
- Strong Excel and SQL experience preferable
- Agile experience helpful