Who are we?
We're BookingGo, the ground transport division of Booking.com. We're the ones who empower people to get where they're going. Whether they're taking the wheel or sitting back and leaving it to the driver. Whether they're heading straight from A to B or enjoying the freedom to go wherever their journey takes them.
To do that, we offer car hire to our customers through our Rentalcars.com brand and car hire, taxis and ticketed transfer services through Booking.com. We also have a B2B solution, Rentalcars Connect, providing great ground transportation options to the customers of our partners
With our HQ in Manchester, we're part of the worldwide Booking.com family. At the same time, we're proud of our own unique identity. Speaking 42 languages, our 2,000+ staff come from all over the world, just like our customers. What brings us together is our love of adventure: our own as well as other people's. It's easy to be passionate about a job that enriches so many lives on a daily basis, and our workplace reflects our passion, our diversity, our global focus. Just search "Manchester's coolest office" and see for yourself, we are also investing in our future with a new office being custom built in the Manchester Goods Yard for 2020.
And we're in good company. Together with priceline.com, KAYAK, agoda.com, and OpenTable, we're part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
About the role
As the legacy businesses of Rentalcars.com and Rideways.com become more integrated into Booking.com, we’re changing the way that we organise ourselves to deliver our Marketing. Specifically, we’re moving to a model where business units, such as our own, rely on central Marketing services for the delivery of our core marketing channels (Paid Search, Email, SEO).
This reorganisation has driven a requirement for a marketing leader in the BookingGo Business Unit (BU) to lead the cross-channel management of these marketing services. The role will represent the BU to the core marketing services, and represent the requirements of the marketing services to the BU.
This is a highly critical role for ensuring the continued success of BookingGo within the new organisation & is a great opportunity for an ambitious, data-driven individual to own our performance marketing strategy & take a leading position in the business, making sure that we deliver on that strategy, and on our ambitious profit & volume growth targets.
The role will report directly into the Marketing Director, and will be a key member of the Marketing Leadership Group.
- Leading relationship with key marketing services delivery leads in each of the major Marketing as a Service channels
- Monitoring channel performance & coordinating/ensuring delivery from channel teams
- Being responsible for the overall Performance Channels budget delivery
- Negotiating resource allocation with Marketing teams & maintaining sufficient focus on BU priorities (never to the detriment of the overall Booking.com priorities)
- Representing the Marketing Service channels into the business & influencing the commercial & product organisations to deliver a programme of work that maximises the likelihood of success in our performance channels
- Represent the BU priorities into the Marketing teams, making sure that our Marketing is delivered in a way that is consistent with our values & our priorities as a BU
- Setting & leading delivery of our cross-channel creative strategy
- Setting & implementing a team strategy that maximises potential for success on above
About the successful candidate
- You are highly numerate
- You have a strategic mindset
- You are able to trade-off short vs. long-term targets
- You have high standards for quality of delivery from yourself and from others
- You are impatient
- You are great at building positive, productive relationships
- You are great at extracting stories & crafting hypotheses & strategies from data
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, and you are able to clearly communicate complex topics in simple terms, to a variety of audiences
- You are a highly motivated self-starter with a flexible, can-do attitude
- You are an uncommonly fast-learner
- You place a high value on delivering business impact
- Experience leading client-side agency relationships
- Experience working with, or delivering, Performance Marketing
- An understanding of / experience in the travel industry
- An understanding of / experience in ecommerce
This role could be well suited to any of:
- A management consultant of 3-4 years’ experience looking for a first move into industry
- An excellent marketing specialist looking for a more strategic, broader marketing role
- A marketing agency leader looking for a first move to client-side
- An excellent product or commercial leader looking for a new challenge