About Rideways and BookingGo
We're BookingGo, the ground transport division of Booking.com. We're the ones who empower people to get where they're going. Whether they're taking the wheel or sitting back and leaving it to the driver. Whether they're heading straight from A to B or enjoying the freedom to go wherever their journey takes them.
To do that, we offer car hire to our customers through our Rentalcars.com brand and car hire, taxis and ticketed transfer services through Booking.com. We also have a B2B solution, Rentalcars Connect, providing great ground transportation options to the customers of our partners
With our HQ in Manchester, we're part of the worldwide Booking.com family. At the same time, we're proud of our own unique identity. Speaking 42 languages, our 2,000+ staff come from all over the world, just like our customers. What brings us together is our love of adventure: our own as well as other people's. It's easy to be passionate about a job that enriches so many lives on a daily basis, and our workplace reflects our passion, our diversity, our global focus. Just search "Manchester's coolest office" and see for yourself.
And we're in good company. Together with priceline.com, KAYAK, agoda.com, and OpenTable, we're part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
About the role
You’ll be part of our London team - a product innovation group building the next generation of transport solutions for our customers.
Over the past twelve months, we’ve been working on an unique and exciting new product development, bringing transport into the Booking.com ecosystem. This ranges from ticketed transport, airport transfers and on-demand taxis.
We’re looking for a highly motivated, and forward thinking Product Designer to help shape the experience of travel within the booking app.
You will be based in London, but with occasional travel to the head office in Manchester and Amsterdam. You will report to a Senior Product Designer and work closely with a cross-functional product team.
Who we’re looking for
We want an experienced, skilled and motivated product designer who thrives with autonomy and a lean, collaborative, fast paced environment.
We want someone who obsesses about the customer and goes out of their way to ensure their designs are useful, usable and delightful.
Working as part of a small, collaborative team should be second-nature, as should your constant search to improve how you and we do things.
- Own the design, from start to finish, of a new critical component of the Rideways app
- Own the entire design process from idea to implementation and everything that entails - research, UX design, UI design, user testing etc
- Use your excellent communication skills to get everyone, at all levels, excited about your work
- Collaborate closely with design, product and engineering to create a highly efficient delivery team
- Collaborate with other teams to design and deliver everything needed for an app launch - landing pages, emails etc
- Bring your thought leadership to our design process and tools - show us how we do it better
- Work with other designers to define and refine our design language and style guide
- Gain a deep understanding of our customers and ensure we remain customer-centric in everything we do
Skills, traits and experience
- 3+ years experience, ideally gained in a similar environment
- You’re critical and questioning - always asking how we do better
- You’re customer-centric with a good understanding of different research and testing methods, including when and how to use them
- You’re an excellent communicator - able to discuss design decisions confidently at all levels
- You’re experienced designing exemplary mobile interfaces for native apps (Android & iOS)
- You can translate requirements into functional, usable and beautiful designs
- Your designs are informed by a broad mix of qualitative and quantitative insights
- You take an iterative approach and move quickly from idea to validation
- You’re more than comfortable working in a fast-paced lean delivery environment
- You’re a passionate self-starter, able to pro-actively generate simple solutions to complex problems
- You care deeply about good design and your craft - continuously learning how to improve your design knowledge and skills
Candidates must provide examples of work demonstrating an ability to generate ideas, solve problems and articulate design decisions.