We’re BookingGo, the ground transport division of Booking.com.
We’re the ones who empower people to get where they’re going. Whether they’re taking the wheel or sitting back and leaving it to the driver. Whether they’re heading straight from A to B or enjoying the freedom to go wherever their journey takes them.
To do that, we operate multiple brands:
Booking.com – We’re the transport arm of the world’s leading travel booking site.
Rentalcars.com – The world’s biggest online car rental service, putting customers behind the wheel at over 50,000 locations worldwide.
Rides – Finding the best way for each customer to get from A to B.
Connect – Bringing our tried-and-tested magic to our partners’ sites, delivering seamless travel experiences through brands our customers already know and love.
With our HQ in Manchester, we’re part of the worldwide Booking.com family. At the same time, we’re proud of our own unique identity. Speaking 42 languages, our 1,600+ staff come from all over the world, just like our customers. What brings us together is our love of adventure: our own as well as other people’s. It’s easy to be passionate about a job that enriches so many lives on a daily basis, and our workplace reflects our passion, our diversity, our global focus. Just search “Manchester’s coolest office” and see for yourself.
And we’re in good company. Together with priceline.com, KAYAK, agoda.com, and OpenTable, we’re part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
You will be part of our London Rides team - a product innovation group building the next generation of transport solutions for our customers.
We launched our Rides team two years ago with the goal of becoming the best way to get to and from the airport. We started offering airport transfers on booking.com while also building our direct business, rideways.com. We are now rapidly expanding Rides as well as building additional new transport products to get our customers from A to B in the best way possible.
We have set the team up as an internal start-up based in London. The team shares the upsides of being part of a bigger company - but with the speed, drive and autonomy of a fully independent, early-stage business.
You will be based in London, but with some travel to the head office in Manchester. You will also be working closely with our sister company Booking.com in Amsterdam.
We have a great journey ahead and our vision is to radically change the working practices to realise our ambition of being a “World Class” engineering function and the “Technology Employer of Choice” in the Northwest and beyond. Make no mistake we have a challenging journey ahead but we are committed to delivering a great customer experience across web, mobile, call centre and partner channels and this is where you could fit in.
Who you are
- You enjoy collaborating with other people to solve problems
- You enjoy getting into the details diving into technical problems and pursuing project risks
- You love working with tech because there's always something new to learn
- Someone who will challenge yourself to grow everyday
- A generous teammate who offers to help others when needed
- You like using the right tool for the right job, you're flexible about how you get the task done
- Passionate about refining and improving both working practices and the customer experience
- To teach you about - and behave in accordance with - our core values:
- Being Different
- Getting It Done
- Doing Stuff Together
- Having Fun
- Straight Talking
- To give you everything you need to take your career in the direction you want
- To set you up to contribute to BookingGo's mission in the best way you can
- A good understanding of exploratory testing and the ability to explain how this affects the quality of a product
- A strong grasp of agile methodologies and frameworks
- Comfortable communicating with stakeholders
- Able to coach the team in different testing practices
- Experience with mobile and web testing tools (e.g. Charles Proxy, XCode, Android Studio & BrowserStack)
- Eager to learn new tools and technologies
- Understands the value of automated testing and a willingness to get involved in writing tests
- A minimum of 4 years demonstrable experience in a testing role
What you'll be doing
- Performing testing of both iOS and Android applications
- Exploring and evaluating features through the development process, from inception to delivery (and beyond)
- Engaging closely with developers, product owners, designers, and other test team members to deliver a world-class product
- Analysing acceptance criteria and understand testing requirements
- Raising possible risks, estimating testing activities and advising on resources as part of an agile team
- Using your Agile experience to advocate for testing best practices and representing the discipline in Agile ceremonies
- Writing test charters to structure exploratory testing
- Keeping relevant documentation up to date
- Contributing to the internal testing community (and external if you wish to do so)
- Raising issues in Jira and progressing them through the product life cycle
- Budget for training, conferences and books
- Working on a brand new product as part of a globally recognised brand in the heart of London
- Opportunity to shape the future of the team alongside a friendly bunch of highly-motivated individuals
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Great discounts on car hire and hotels
- Perkbox - selection of 200+ perks
- Discounts at local eateries (daily food vouchers)
- Attend regular hackathons and internal test conferences
- Freaky friday - Monthly social