Join our small but growing team dedicated to building engaged, recognition-rich cultures in workplaces across the globe!
Bonusly is looking for our first Director of Finance to help drive decision-making and profitability for the company through analysis, reporting, and financial guidance. You will also be responsible for building out robust accounting and finance processes at Bonusly, including hiring and leading a high-performing Finance team to ensure our continued business growth and assist us in achieving our ambitious goals.
In this key position, you will report directly to the CEO and act as a thought partner to the leadership team, providing financial insights across all business divisions and setting our operations up for scalable growth and success.
As our first Finance hire, you’ll have the opportunity to help shape our processes and make a big impact on the company.
✅At Bonusly, you’ll…
- Manage budgeting and planning, forecasting, financial modeling, and reporting; own the financial model and rebuild it as necessary.
- Have a solid awareness of the financial impact of business decisions across the organization, preparing reports and analyses as we plan for growth.
- Support corporate finance activities, including venture capital fundraising through direct collaboration with executive leadership.
- Manage relationships with the company’s accounting, finance, banking, investment, and insurance vendors.
- Hire and develop a high-performance Finance team, when the time comes, based on growth and work levels and the proper analysis of in-house versus outsourced accounting functions.
- Oversee the company’s accounting function, including revenue management, A/P, A/R and collections, costing, asset management, and taxes, including efficient use of best-practice billing systems and controls.
- Oversee the preparation of annual and quarterly GAAP financial statements, including balance sheet, P&L, and statements of cash flow and equity.
💚You’re a great fit if you have…
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field (MBA/CPA/M.Acc. preferred, but not required).
- 5+ years FP&A and/or financial accounting experience (SaaS experience preferred).
- 3+ years of experience in a rapidly scaling startup or technology organization through different stages of a company lifecycle (early stage, Series A, Series B, growth stage, IPO/acquisition, etc).
- 2+ years experience managing finance/accounting professionals, including hiring, onboarding, and performance management.
- A thorough understanding of US GAAP and its application to SaaS companies.
- Impeccable attention to detail and the ability to accurately and professionally present the company’s financial position, discerning applicability to each of the leadership team, executive management, and Board of Directors.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
💯You should apply if you...
- Have 2+ years of experience managing finance at a SaaS company.
- Possess a strong work ethic and independent problem-solving skills, with a hearty desire to learn and grow.
- Are highly organized and adaptable, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
🎉Benefits and opportunities include...
- Collaborating with a growing team of smart & passionate creators.
- Making work more enjoyable and meaningful by reimagining the way companies recognize and reward their employees.
- Being empowered to innovate, take ownership, and motivate change at a growing company.
- Flexible “work-from” policies.
- Fully covered Medical/Dental/Vision insurance.
- Progressive vacation policy.
- 401(k) with employer matching.
- Subsidized wellness, transit, and professional development.
- Bonusly! (Of course we use our own product for peer, work anniversary, and birthday recognition)
💚 What's it like to work at Bonusly?
Culture and employee experience are some of our top priorities! See what we're all about at https://bonus.ly/about, and check out our official Employee Unhandbook to learn more about our culture and values.
🔸 We actively work to #seek-and-embrace-diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.