Bonobos is looking for an ambitious, analytical, detail-oriented team-player to oversee day-to-day order management and fulfillment activity and provide support to the rest of the Logistics team.
Our Logistics team is the hub at the center of many departmental spokes; we help hold the wheel together and move it forward. As part of the fastest-growing apparel brand ever launched on the internet, you will be able to get your hands dirty in a multitude of ever-evolving tasks and projects.
As the Outbound Operations Associate, you will have the responsibility of managing ecommerce and wholesale shipping service levels. You must ensure the accuracy and quality of customer experience related to outbound fulfillment and transportation, particularly when last minute changes and priorities disrupt the plan.
You will work with teams across the entire business including frequent collaboration with Production, Wholesale, Accounting, Guideshop, Customer Experience, Merchandise, and Planning teams. Your day to day might include planning for openings of our new Guideshops, creating a plan to expand our international footprint, troubleshooting exceptions with the Ninja team,or traveling to our fulfillment center to resolve exceptions. You will also become a power user on a number of operations, inventory and fulfillment systems.
What you'll do...
- Ensure all day-to-day and holiday fulfillment operations flow smoothly and without exception, including holding vendor partners to SLAs
- Identify opportunities for streamlining the operation and execute on those opportunities via change management - defining new SOP(s), partnering with internal and external stakeholders, and ensuring overall success
- Know and understand all fulfillment and shipping metrics, paying close attention to opportunities for deeper investigation or opportunities for changes in the operation to provide better clarity to the intricacies of the customer experience, and to meet business goals.
- Cultivate strong partnership with vendors. Ensure they have the information they need with regard to labor management including forecast, special marketing promotions, order profile changes, outbound shipping or packaging changes, updated SOPs, etc.
- Project manage all new processes, wholesale account launches or changes as a result of business needs with internal partners and vendors.
- Have 2+ years experience in operations, logistics, distribution, transportation, or related area
- Have a Bachelor's degree in logistics, supply chain, business, or related field
- Are a leader and can successfully build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external partners
- Are passionate about working with a team that believes in what they do
- Are extremely organized, detail-oriented, methodical and calm under pressure
- Are curious, adaptable, and comfortable with change
- Can problem solve and think strategically in the moment when things don’t go as planned
- Are obsessed with process, efficiency, innovation and iterating on the norm
- Can jump right into the middle of a project (with direction) without feeling overwhelmed
- Have excellent communication skills; ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization from external vendors to senior leadership
- Are excited to think big picture as well as get your hands dirty relabeling outbound packages on the warehouse floor
- Have an interest in our company, whether you knew about us before this moment, or not
- Have, at some point in life, worn pants
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy and positive energy, often, over experience
- Work hard because we love what we’re doing, but also believe in balance
- Will back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun, awesome co-workers and the rare tribal atmosphere that values individuality
- Have been voted by Crain’s New York as one of the Top 50 Places to Work in NYC
- Are excited to hear from you