Bonobos is looking for a Data Engineer who is hungry to make the company more empirical and customer-centric as a member of the Data Products and Insights team.
At Bonobos, we’re redefining how customers browse, discover and shop for apparel. As the first digitally native apparel company in the US, we are poised to make groundbreaking advances in how customers shop. Bonobos is uniquely positioned to delight customers by connecting our showroom stores (we call them Guideshops) to our online experiences. We're inventing the future of retail. Our customers are fanatical about our clothes and our world-class customer service.
As a Data Engineer, you can look forward to rolling up your sleeves and digging into our data to help develop and maintain a data platforms and tools that everyone can rely on. This role will be responsible for contributing to an ecosystem that handles data ingress/egress - interfacing with various sources/destinations. Additionally, this role will be responsible for contributing to an orchestration layer of complex data transformations, refining raw data from source into targeted, valuable data assets for consumption in a governed way. Other engineering platform opportunities may involve building out data registry and customer segmentation platforms. You will be partnering with Analysts, Engineers, Data Scientists and Business Stakeholders to build out capabilities that make an impact across the entire Organization.
What you’ll do…
- Participate in analyzing, designing, coding, testing, configuring and modifying software for the functional delivery of data solutions
- Contribute to the automated delivery of data software using source control, infrastructure as code, and continuous integration throughout the entire delivery model
- Ensure that implemented data software is successfully monitored, with relevant alerts, logging and tracing that guarantee the relevant durability, availability and performance
- Validate that data solutions follow data governance policies, standards and intent
- Complete technical documentation that adds value, including but not limited to testing, training, governance and software delivery
- Have 2-5 years of experience in a Data Engineering or similar role
- Proficiency with at least one programming language (our team uses Python)
- Have contributed to the development and maintenance of data technology/software; working in the e-commerce and/or retail space a huge plus
- Hands on experience working with large volumes of data; e.g, user Clickstream data, event-based log data, etc
- Enjoy working on a Scrum Team in an agile delivery environment
- Familiar with both batch and streaming data processes a plus
- Experience modeling data for enterprise consumption a huge plus
- Experience with data governance regulations like CCPA, GDPR and DP a huge plus
- Work hard because we love what we're building, but also believe in balance
- Are an apparel company that wholeheartedly embraces and is built on technology
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun and awesome co-workers that feel and operate like a championship team
- Are located in the Flatiron District in the heart of Manhattan
- Are excited to hear from you