As our Manager of Account and Reporting, you will be part of the Omni Direct to Consumer Brands Group within the world’s largest retailer. You'll be responsible for a diverse range of contributions. You'll do everything from managing our financial close process and reviewing monthly GL reconciliations to supporting the business in various requests. You'll be responsible for maintaining timely, accurate financial records and performing financial analysis.
Reporting to our Omni Direct to Consumer Brand Controller, you will partner with the Accounting and Finance teams on accounting treatments and process relating to the integrity of the monthly financial statements and be responsible for making sure that all things accounting are accurate across all lines, business functions and all brands in our portfolio. Because we hire for judgement, we'll be excited to hear your recommendations on process improvements and overall operational performance. We're looking for a critical thinker and problem solver who can help our team get to the next level.
What you’ll do:
- Reconcile and prepare month-end balance sheet and income statement from a financial and management reporting perspective by legal entity, product and line of business, taking into consideration inter-business adjustments across lines of business
- Prepare information and reports for consolidation at the DNVB level including: monthly and quarterly reporting, forecasts and ad hoc requests
- Prepare financial and business related analysis at an entity level and line of business level for revenues and expenses reporting and control
- Perform follow-up and forecasting on an ongoing basis throughout the year
- Perform efficiencies analysis by brand and line of business
- Generate expenses data for brands at the most granular level of detail
- Prepare monthly presentations for senior management
- Participate in the budgetary process and 5-year Long Range Plan
- Assist in the preparation of forecasts for monthly, quarterly and year-end regulatory reporting
- Ad hoc analysis as required
- Review and support all financial reporting
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in an Accounting or Finance related field
- Have 5-7 years of accounting experience including some public accounting experience, preferably working with public companies
- Have a CPA and Big 4 accounting firm experience is a plus
- Are experienced in GAAP, SEC reporting and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Showcase strong financial and technical accounting knowledge with experience researching technical guidance. Specific experience in new Leasing & Rev Rec guidance a plus!
- Have a background in (or passion for) eCommerce and retail
- Thrive in a fast paced environment and are excited to provide support to other departments through various ad hoc financial requests and special projects
- Have experience coaching a team and reviewing work
- Will own various monthly financial closing activities, procedures, journal entries and account reconciliations
- Are proficient in Excel and ERP systems, preferably with strong experience in NetSuite or similar ERP. Experience with implementing new ERP system is a strong plus!
- Have an open mind, a desire to learn and a positive attitude
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy, and positive energy, often over experience
- Work hard because we love what we’re doing, but also highly value personal downtime
- Will back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun, and awesome coworkers
- Wear a lot of hats and value self-starters and initiative
- Are excited to hear from you