Bonobos is looking for a PR savvy Brand Communications Manager who knows their way around the men’s fashion industry and has the portfolio and media relationships to prove it.
Bonobos is a menswear company founded on making better fitting clothing, with over 200 combinations to fit any man. We revolutionized the way men shop by creating easy, and hassle-free experiences through our e-commerce driven model and our complimenting Guideshops. We continue to build our in-house PR team and are looking for a Brand Communications Manager with a background in the fashion industry (preferably menswear) who is a brand storyteller, has a strong media relations background and has experience planning and producing PR-worthy events and initiatives, both for media and consumers.
As the Brand Communications Manager, you will work closely with the marketing, design, merchandising and Guideshop teams to develop and execute PR strategies that further increase brand visibility. You will also manage our external PR agency, and build relationships and lead communications with the Walmart eComms team. Qualified candidates will have 5+ years of experience in PR and media relations (lifestyle/retail experience a plus).
- Know the difference between marketing and PR, and will work closely with these cross-functional teams to help create and execute unified brand communications strategies.
- Have knowledge and interest in the men’s fashion and lifestyle industries. You understand what drives reporters’ interest in this space, and can bring fresh thinking and ideas to keep them on their toes.
- Are familiar with the fashion/lifestyle influencer space, and understand its role and impact in brand communications.
- Are a stellar writer and communicator. From creative pitch angles and detailed media materials, to organized presentations and informal team emails - writing and communicating comes naturally to you (you’re a grammar rockstar too).
- Can develop budget recommendations on both a campaign-by-campaign, and yearly-planning level. You will also be the day-to-day contact for managing the PR budget (processing invoices, expenses, setting up vendors, etc.)
- Have strong project management skills and can keep yourself organized and on-deadline in a fast-paced environment.
- Are enthusiastic about representing Bonobos and helping grow the brand - you’re familiar with (and can continue to quickly learn about) the brand’s history and products to become a one-stop shop for Bonobos brand knowledge.
- Can work both independently and with a team. Managing up and down is essential to the PR team’s success. Knowing how to manage a PR partner agency is a plus.
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy and positive energy, often, over experience
- Work hard because we love what we’re doing, but also highly value personal downtime
- Are an innovative and forward-thinking company and value the same creativity and pioneering approach to generate new ways to share our story
- Appreciate everyone on our team and value and support their ideas and contributions (especially if they include group spin classes or grabbing nachos after work)
- Will back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun and awesome coworkers
- Are excited to hear from you