Bonobos is looking for a Principal Engineer who is excited to work with all of our cross functional teams to help build experiences that surprise and delight our customers.
Bonobos is (proudly) the first born-on-the-Internet men's apparel company in the US and we're (humbly) seeking to reinvent the traditional omni-channel experience. In addition to our website, we pioneered the guide driven showroom model with the launch of our first Guideshop location in 2011, and have since expanded to 60+ locations across the country (and growing). Our customers are fanatical about our high quality clothes and our world-class customer service, and we’re positioned to make groundbreaking advances in how customers shop.
We get to the best technical solutions by discussing complex questions as a team. We don’t hesitate to change our approach when we hear a better idea. We code review all our changes, pair program when needed and have automated testing that runs with every change. We deploy to production several times a day.
What you’ll do...
- Evolve our internally developed applications within a complex enterprise infrastructure across multiple business domains and applications
- Tackle tough engineering challenges, leading by both directive and example
- Work directly with business partners to mapping technical solutions to business strategies and operational imperatives
- Work on cross-functional teams composed of Engineers (frontend, backend, iOS, and full stack), Product Owners, UX Designers and Scrum Masters
- Work on our production applications – including Rails apps (Postgres database), running on Heroku with React/Redux on the frontend
- Ship new experiences to our customers and measure their impact using A/B testing
- Deploy code to production multiple times a day
- Work on our production infrastructure - our data tools and processes as well as our package software solutions
- Write automated functional and unit tests
- Prioritize observability and monitoring when architecting solutions and championing new technologies
- Work closely with our data team to ensure we’re working with fresh data and can confidently deploy software enhancements without disrupting our data flow
- Help recruit, build and empower highly performant teams
- Have been helping deliver business value through technology for ten plus years
- Have a track-record of launching successful, impactful custom applications in both the mobile and web space
- Experienced working using Agile methodology and in fast paced environment
- Have experience architecting solutions in production environments
- Have production experience designing processes that results in high quality systems
- Have seen what works well and what doesn’t work well in codebases
- Like being part of a high-performing team composed of UX Designers, Product Managers, Frontend/Backend/iOS/Full Stack Engineers
- Are excited to learn from those around you and mentor others
- Have experience driving interactions with business stakeholders and customers directly to get direction and confirm we’re building useful software as well as demonstrating value that can be achieved through technology
- Enjoy working in the technical community and helping recruit talented engineers to join our team
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework is a plus!
- Are a collaborative & close-knit team: our team is NYC-based and in the office because as great as technology is, there are few substitutes for in-person collaboration
- Take pride in our work and share responsibility to see it through from conception to deployment to fixing bugs
- Offer top of the line equipment: your choice of hardware, standing desks, two 27" monitors, and more
- Offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun including book club and Camp Bonobos
- Value honesty, transparency and respect
- Are excited to hear from you