Bonobos is looking for a Manager of Delivery leadership who can coach our technology teams through their already-in-progress adoption of the SAFe/Scaled Agile framework, drive execution & relentless improvement and also own implementation & management of quantitative metrics & KPIs of team progress.
At Bonobos, we’re redefining how customers browse, discover and shop for apparel. As the first digitally native apparel company in the US, we are poised to make groundbreaking advances in how customers shop. Bonobos is uniquely positioned to delight customers by connecting our showroom stores (we call them Guideshop locations) to our online experiences. We're inventing the future of retail and our customers are fanatical about our clothes and our world-class customer service.
Reporting to our Director of Delivery Leadership, you’ll oversee our technology delivery teams at the program level on a day to day basis. You’ll use your SAFe experience to encourage continuous learnings & improvements among the teams in our arc towards SAFe maturity. You’ll also drive the implementation, management and communication of metrics & KPIs of the agile release train’s progress and value, and lead and develop our team of scrum masters.
We're looking for a player/coach who is excited to help our teams drive progress & improvement and also quantify and share the results. You’ll liaise across the entire business with frequent collaboration with our Engineering, Information Systems, Data Analytics & Science, Product and User Experience teams. You’ll also have the opportunity to interact with key partners in Marketing, Merchandising, Consumer Experience, Planning, Finance and Accounting.
What you'll do...
- Coach Agile Release Train (ART) members in the Scaled Agile (SAFe) framework & ways of working---through program increment (PI) execution, roll-out of portfolio management, creation of epic roadmaps and launch of additional ARTs---all following a SAFe framework customized appropriately for Bonobos' needs
- Own reporting at both working team and program levels (real time, data per sprint, program increment (PI) in aggregate, etc.), for the purposes of internal (technology group) & external communication—improving transparency and radiating information
- Own SAFe quantitative measurement of the ART(s) over time
- Oversee view of resourcing, capacity planning and related reporting, including CapEx & OpEx tracking
- Drive Jira configurations & enhancements to enable reporting & metrics on progress
- Deliver and/or supplement the CTO's delivery of SAFe framework training
- Plan & facilitate ART-wide events: PI planning, system demos, problem solving workshop, etc.
- Manage the program backlog of improvements coming out of retrospectives and inspect & adapt activities
- Manage and develop a team of scrum masters and hold weekly scrum-of-scrums sessions
- Serve as a scrum master for delivery teams, when needed
- Have excellent skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Have knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- Have 3-5 years’ experience working within the Scaled Agile (SAFe) framework
- Hold a Scrum master certification (CSM), SAFe SSM or SASM certification. A SAFe RTE certification is preferred.
- Are a Certified SAFe program consultant / hold a SPC certification, or the equivalent SAFe experience
- Have familiarity with SAFe & Agile contracts
- Are detailed in your work, while maintaining the ability to see the overall picture and challenge the traditional path
- Work collaboratively with team members to achieve team initiatives
- Are curious and like to experiment–adaptable and comfortable with change
- Convey a can-do, positive attitude towards tackling problems
- Are able to see other points-of-view while maintaining confident direction
- Have the willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what’s necessary
- Preferably, have retail/e-commerce/omnichannel fashion experience
- Preferably, have experience coaching product owners & product managers for development
- Preferably, have knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Preferably, have knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Work hard because we love what we’re doing, but also believe in balance (say hello to flex PTO!)
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun and awesome co-workers that feel like family
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy & positive energy – often over experience
- Are located in the Flatiron District in the heart of Manhattan
- Have a passion for delivering a superior experience to our customers, clients, vendors & one another
- Are excited to hear from you