Bonobos is looking for a Controller who is pumped to work with people who get excited by paisley patterns and snazzy sign-offs.
As our Controller, you'll lead our accounting team in general accounting, revenue accounting, inventory controls, accounts payable, inter-company activity, tax reporting, cash management and treasury activities...just to name a few! We're growing rapidly and we need a Controller who can work closely with the CFO to establish, implement and maintain policies, procedures and internal controls and support varying business initiatives. You'll be responsible for driving timely and accurate reporting of the company financials to the Parent Company enabling deep understanding of company operating performance and partnering with finance to analyze/communicate actual vs. plan variances.
The fun doesn't stop there! In partnership with our Product and Finance teams, you'll also lead us through the continued implementation of an enterprise resource planning system. On top of the typical numbers stuff, we're looking for strong leadership and support to the controllership team and develop a collaborative culture focused on improving our operating process and investing in the individual development of the team.
- Received a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field is required; MBA & CPA preferred
- Have a minimum of 8 years of experience is required in a senior finance / accounting role
- Bonus points if you have worked at a private equity backed company
- Are knowledgable of GAAP and related financial reporting regulations and standards
- Have a proven track record and possesses strong leadership skills to effectively manage a diverse team to achieve results and execute transformative organizational change
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills with the ability to work under pressure and cultivate and develop key relationships
- Have strong oral and written communication skills are required along with the ability to influence others and interface with external contacts, internal management, board and controllership and finance teams
- Can confidently and effectively present financial information to stakeholders
- Are knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems
- Are looking to join a team that is passionate, engaging, fulfilling, energetic, quirky, fun--and always passionate
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy and positive energy - often over career experience
- Work hard because we love what we’re doing, but also believe in balance
- Will back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun, awesome coworkers and the rare tribal atmosphere that also values individuality
- Appreciate a sense of humor...especially in a cover letter (wink!)
- Are excited to hear from you