Bonobos is seeking a Senior Production Associate to support our product development process through production and shipping to support our goal: producing and delivering on time, top quality product to our customers.
At Bonobos, we are redefining how customers browse, discover, and shop for apparel. As a Production Associate, you will be engrained in all functions of the company, from Merchandising and Design, to Operations, Marketing and Customer Service. You will be responsible for supporting all product development, production and logistics details. You'll get your hands dirty by being part of a very dynamic team, working closely with our Design team to execute concepts for the season and bring their ideas to life while ensuring we can make the stuff and afford it! You will work closely with our merchandising and planning teams as you work through in-season production management reacting to trends and changes in the business.
What you'll do...
- Source fabric within your categories
- Send development packages to vendors, track all samples, and communicate sample status reports
- Negotiate costs directly with vendors and analyze where there is opportunity for improvement
- Communicate booking dates to your cross functional team
- Work with the cross functional team to confirm final orders and send orders to vendors
- Manage all in-season approvals to ensure Time and Action calendars are adhered to and styles are delivered to our distribution centers on time
- Work with PR/Marketing teams on all sampling needs
- Partner with our freight forwarders and operation teams as they process the inbound logistics of the POs
- Work with your manager when sourcing opportunities dictate on-boarding new vendors
- Travel once to twice a year domestically or internationally as dictated by the business
- Have 4+ years of experience in product development & production in a vertical retail environment.
- Can exhibit a sense of urgency in managing time and accomplishing tasks
- Are detail oriented with a strong follow through and can organize and prioritize multiple projects
- Must be computer literate (excel, word, PLM etc)
- Understand retail math needed to determine cost and margins
- Is proactive, solution oriented, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Are always learning and thinking outside the box...wait, what box?
- Are looking to join a team that is truly engaging, fulfilling, energetic, quirky, sometimes whacky and always passionate
- Can communicate with a wide range of personalities, from our CEO, to our vendors and suppliers, to our customers
- Can travel domestically and internationally
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy and positive energy - often over career experience
- Work hard because we love what we’re doing, but also believe in balance
- Will back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun, awesome coworkers and the rare tribal atmosphere that also values individuality
- Appreciate a sense of humor...especially in a cover letter (wink!)
- Are excited to hear from you