Bonobos is seeking an Accounting Manager to lead the team in critical analyses of financial activities as well as manage the timely and accurate financial reporting and close processes.
As our Accounting Manager, you'll be responsible for a diverse range of contributions. You'll do everything from managing our financial close process and reviewing monthly GL reconciliations to supporting the business in various requests. You'll be responsible for maintaining timely, accurate financial records and performing financial analysis.
Reporting to our Controller, you will partner with the Accounting and Finance teams on accounting treatments and process relating to the integrity of the monthly financial statements and be responsible for making sure that all things accounting are accurate across all lanes and business functions. Because we hire for judgement, we'll be excited to hear your recommendations on process improvements and overall operational performance. We're looking for a critical thinker and problem solver who can help our team get to the next level.
You will also liaise across the entire business with frequent collaboration on any accounting issues, controls or compliance process decisions necessary to have all teams working effectively and in compliance with all internal control initiatives.
What you'll do...
- Manage the daily operations of reporting in the Accounting department as well as the financial statement close process, including reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations
- Assist and coach various members of the team over all accounting areas
- Partner with Finance, Marketing, Operations and others to bring maximum value to the business while ensuring accurate financial reporting
- Provide proactive analysis to identify issues and understand fluctuations in balances and provide meaningful analysis to stakeholders
- Make sound recommendations to enhance efficiency of accounting and reporting functions, as well as supporting systems, and to ensure quality of data
- Work with the Accounting team and other key areas of the business to develop optimal procedures and best practices and support internal control documentation of these processes
- Be the liaison between Bonobos and Walmart; working with the various contacts to ensure requests are completed appropriately and all reporting deadlines are met
- Maintain reporting of GL balances by business channel and assist in the regular forecasting process.
- Review and support all financial reporting
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in an Accounting or Finance related field
- Have 5-7 years of accounting experience including some public accounting experience, preferably working with public companies
- Have a CPA and Big 4 accounting firm experience is a plus
- Are experienced in GAAP, SEC reporting and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Showcase strong financial and technical accounting knowledge with experience researching technical guidance. Specific experience in new Leasing & Rev Rec guidance a plus
- Have a background in (or passion for) eCommerce and retail
- Thrive in a fast paced environment and are excited to provide support to other lanes through various ad hoc financial requests and special projects
- Have experience coaching a team and reviewing work
- Will own various monthly financial closing activities, procedures, journal entries and account reconciliations
- Are proficient in Excel and ERP systems, preferably with strong experience in NetSuite or similar ERP. Experience with implementing new ERP system is a strong plus
- Have an open mind, a desire to learn and a positive attitude
- Work hard because we love what we're building, but also believe in balance
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun and awesome co-workers that feel like family
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy & positive energy – often over experience
- Are located in the Flatiron District in the heart of Manhattan
- Have a passion for delivering a superior experience to our customers, clients, vendors & one another
- Are excited to hear from you