Bonobos is seeking a Director of Data and Insights who is hungry to lead our Data and Insights teams at Bonobos and make us a more empirical and customer-centric company.
At Bonobos, we’re redefining how customers browse, discover and shop for apparel. As the first digitally native apparel company in the U.S., we are poised to make groundbreaking advances in how customers browse, discover and shop for apparel. Bonobos is uniquely positioned to delight customers by connecting our in-store and online experiences. We're inventing the future of retail. Our customers are fanatical about our clothes and our world-class customer service
As our Director of Data and Insights, you’ll report to the Chief Technology Officer, manage a team of analysts, data engineers, and data scientists. You will be expected to lead this team on qualitative and quantitative projects, and to roll up your sleeves to lead the team daily. You’ll partner with other teams, such asMarketing, Merchandising, Guideshops and Product, to determine how your team can support them in making data and insights-driven decisions.
You’ll be responsible for defining the technology investment roadmap and evaluating next generation data product offerings, managing and scaling the data analytics research platform (including ML/AI), and setting the vision for and defining what success looks like (though key measurable high-return transformational projects). You will be a numbers-driven voice of reason that helps take Bonobos to the next level.
What you’ll do….
- Oversee Data Engineering, Data Science, Analytics, and Insights from source discovery, to ingestion, refinement and modeling (This includes data pipeline, data warehouse, customer lifecycle marketing, business intelligence platform, customer lifetime value, customer segmentation, web and mobile app user flow, on-site creative analysis, A/B testing)
- Grow, manage, and support 9 team members
- Define KPIs and the roadmap that supports the larger Bonobos strategy and vision
- Be the champion of how data will be captured and shared internally with other teams
- Identify key business challenges and develop insights and recommendations to address them
- Develop strategic plans to ensure successful implementation of action plans and objectives where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company, competitive environment, technology and economic or social implications of organization activities
- Manage and balance the need to drive revenue and cost management for the organization including your team's budget and relationships
- Be the internal facing lead for data and customer insights, building partnerships with other teams and challenging their assumptions with data
- Lead qualitative and quantitative analysis of market trends and competitive landscape to highlight improvements, growth opportunities and new markets
- Identify and vet new technologies that can be used by your team and other teams by examining best practices from tech giants and competition
- Have 7+ years of experience in leading data teams focused on analytics, insights, and data infrastructure and warehouse
- Have worked at an eCommerce and / or retail company or have familiarity with eCommerce trends and best practices
- Appreciate the value of quantitative AND qualitative data
- Have experience in UNIX, SQL, Python, AWS, and a statistical package, such as R, SPSS or Stata, and can advise on statistical significance
- Have an excellent understanding of computer programming, database schema design, and engineering best practices
- Can easily and clearly communicate with engineers to executives in the same hour
- Can transform complex strategic problems into simple visuals and dashboards for analytical and non-analytical teammates
- Let the numbers define the narrative rather than finding numbers to support a narrative
- Are focused on finding the right answer even if it means being proven wrong
- Work hard because we love what we're building, but also believe in balance
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun and awesome co-workers that feel like family
- Are located in the Flatiron District in the heart of Manhattan
- Are excited to hear from you