Bonobos is seeking a Chief Merchant to drive customer and revenue growth through the continued development and merchandising of a compelling and innovative product offering.
Reporting to the CEO, you’ll be a key member of the Executive team, responsible for evolving the Bonobos brand, and building the business. You will manage a talented team of merchants as well as the Visual Merchandising team responsible for merchandising within all 60+ stores.
What you'll do...
- Continuously evolve the overall merchandising strategy to ensure that we are identifying and buying products that are compelling to the customer, differentiated from the competition, priced appropriately, and that drive revenue growth
- Lead your direct reports and their teams to ensure that our category-level merchandising strategy is clear and executed across all categories
- Lead the Visual Merchandising team to ensure that the store presentation of the product is in line with the brand, merchandising strategy and investment strategy and is also tailored to the individual market trends
- Partner with Design to ensure that we are consistently developing best-in-class product that is a reflection of the brand, and appeals to both existing and target customers, giving them a reason to shop Bonobos over other brands
- Partner with your cross-functional peers in Marketing and Customer Experience to ensure our Product investments are aligned with our Marketing investments, Store investments, and overall go-to-market strategy and plans, therefore ensuring we can deliver against our revenue targets and plans
- Partner with your cross-functional peers in Planning, Sourcing & Production to ensure that we are developing products that deliver strong margins as well as strong top line revenue growth
- Nurture and mentor a talented set of direct reports to maximize their own potential
- Have 15+ years experience of developing and executing against merchandising and product strategies in a direct-to-consumer apparel business, experience with Men’s a benefit but not a requirement
- Have a passion for understanding the customer, market and competitive trends as a means of identifying the right product at the right price
- Demonstrate the ability to balance creative and analytical thinking, intuition and data, to build a compelling assortment including exploring new lines of business and partnerships
- Have experience managing a team that includes both merchants and visual merchandisers
- Possess excellent judgment and the ability to act decisively in situations requiring quick but thorough analysis and decision-making, while understanding when and how to appropriately escalate issues
- Have strong leadership skills with a proven ability to influence your peers and an organization, as well as to inspire and motivate a team to constantly outdo themselves
- Possess strong communication skills, and are able to prioritize and re-prioritize based on changing business needs
- Are an entrepreneurial spirit and are excited by the challenges that come along with building a disruptive business
- Value exceptional creativity, initiative and witty banter
- Work hard because we love what we're doing but also believe in balance
- Will back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun, awesome co-workers, and the rare tribal atmosphere that values individuality
- Are excited to hear from you