Bonobos is looking for a detail oriented Financial Analyst to help evolve our financial planning process by applying analytical rigor to constantly optimize the scalability of our business. If you are someone who is always seeking to improve, has high standards, and stays connected to the details, then this is the right role for you.
Reporting to our Senior Finance Manager, you’ll help evolve our financial planning process as an integral part of an agile and scrappy finance team, applying analytical rigor to constantly optimize the scalability and value of the business.
What you'll do...
- Develop and refine financial models to creating solutions that scale for the organization
- Support the forecasting and long range planning process for our e-Commerce and Guideshops businesses while maximizing profitability including:
- All aspects of the P&L but especially revenue and corporate overhead costs
- Maintain financial reporting architecture, ensuring cross-platform data integrity
- Conduct deep dive analyses to identify key business drivers and improvement opportunities
- Provide support on group deliverables such as Board of Directors presentations
- Support quarterly business reviews
- Lead business case development and evaluation of new opportunities, modeling operating changes, revenues, costs, capital, DCF and IRR, and new views on P&L analysis
- Ongoing implementation of our planning tool Host Analytics
- Function-led process improvement activities and other special projects such as creation of standardized budget templates, harmonization of business and financial processes, etc.
- Carry a degree from a top university and bring 2-3 years of relevant work experience in Financial Planning and Analysis. This means having worked in fast-growth tech-companies, blue-chip corporates or management consulting, covering forecasting to reporting, financial modeling.
- Are an Excel master and love working in Excel (Index Match, If Statements, Pivot Tables), able to wield your modeling wizardry within a thriving business.
- Have experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. Host Analytics, NetSuite, Adaptive, Essbase and/or TM1 Cognos) Knowledge of SQL is a plus.
- Possess strong analytical skills with the ability to synthesize financial analysis and business objectives into recommendations
- Have strong interpersonal skills in addition to comfort presenting to C-level executives
- Based on your intellectual curiosity, you don’t need micromanagement - working independently and in a fast paced environment excites you.
- Operationally, you live for the challenge, breaking it into small, achievable pieces while focusing on delivering results.
- As a self-starter with the ability to manage priorities, your intrinsic motivation to level up is matched by your ability to coordinate multiple stakeholders and projects.
- As a team player, you create a shared sense of direction and community among stakeholders and demonstrate excellent communication skills. You exhibit executive presence and the ability to interact with senior management in an agile environment.
- We are specifically looking for an individual with a thorough understanding of finance and the ability to work with many stakeholders - as a well-rounded contributor, your attitude will make the difference.
- Work hard because we love what we're building, but also believe in balance
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun and awesome co-workers that feel like family
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy & positive energy – often over experience
- Are located in the Flatiron District in the heart of Manhattan
- Have a passion for delivering a superior experience to our customers, clients, vendors & one another
- Are excited to hear from you