Bonobos is seeking an enthusiastic and detail-oriented Photo Studio Tech who has a keen understanding of photography, studio equipment, retouching, and digital asset management.
As our Photo Studio Tech, your primary role will consist of digital asset management, fielding retouching requests—and occasionally doing the retouching, providing digital-tech support when needed, and maintaining and ordering equipment for our photo studio. Reporting into our Producer, you will manage the workflow (retouching, uploading and archiving) of all our e-com photography. Working with our external retouching company, you’ll serve as our primary liaison for all e-com assets. You’ll partner closely with Creative, Production, Marketing, Merchandising, and E-com teams to ensure all photo assets are properly filed, labeled, and easily accessible.
What you’ll do…
- Manage digital assets by managing the pipeline of eComm photos following shoots: validate that all products from daily shot list are done, send out for retouching, set deadlines with retouchers for return and also processing eComm photos following retouching: crop specialty images using PS, order and rename files, apply metadata, upload to Box
- Be responsible for retouching, by performing additional corrections to retouched assets (e.g. fixing erroneous colors, matching between laydowns/on model images shot on different days), and also retouching high end editorial photos as requested
- Maintain studio by supporting day to day maintenance, i.e. keeping space clean and organized, reordering seamlesses, and replacing/fixing damaged equipment, while also performing annual inventory of equipment, and coordinating for replacement/repairs/upgrades
- Handle digital teching/photography by supporting on site photographer with eComm on model shoots by operating Capture One; when not functioning as digital tech, you will support preparation for shoots by assisting with equipment and ensuring consistency and quality of eComm assets
- Potentially have the opportunity to shoot photography, dependent on the availability of opportunities, skill set, and interest, considering other core job responsibilities. Photography shoot time is not guaranteed.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in photography or liberal arts, and 2-3 years experience
- Have a strong understanding of photography, photo equipment and lighting (cameras, lenses, strobes, monitoring technology)
- Understand the importance of deadlines, time management, transparency, workflow and cross-lane communication
- Are super detail oriented, meticulous, and hold high standards for work output
- Have experience working with digital asset management systems and applying metadata to images
- Possess a strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Capture One, JIRA, Trello and Global Edit
- Are a skilled retoucher who enjoys working autonomously, but also within a team
- Have assisted photographers in a digital capacity in the past
- Are willing to assist with all ad-hoc and admin photo studio needs for shoots
- Enjoy all things photo and menswear
- Value exceptional creativity, initiative and witty banner
- Believe the best creative output comes from collaboration, strong work ethic, and positive attitudes
- Work hard because we love what we're doing but also believe in balance -- life outside the studio ;)
- Will back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun, awesome co-workers, and the rare tribal atmosphere that values individuality
- Are excited to hear from you