Bonobos is looking for a Product Designer/UX Researcher with a range of experience—from user research to developing a keen design aesthetic and familiarity with responsive web apps, native apps, and front-end code (though coding not required).
As the first digitally native apparel company in the U.S., we are poised to make groundbreaking advances in how customers browse, discover and shop for apparel. Bonobos is uniquely positioned to delight customers by connecting our in-store and online experiences. We're inventing the future of retail. Our customers are fanatical about our clothes and our world-class customer service.
To achieve this mission, our Technology team is seeking a strong Product Designer / UX Researcher who can conduct qualitative and quantitative research and analysis—then synthesize them into insights to create effective and elegant solutions to improve our digital products. The ideal candidate has strong self-management skills and can collaborate well with a variety of teams including Product Management, Product Design, Data Science, Engineering, Marketing, Customer Service, Brand Creative, Merchandising, and other stakeholders. Please note this position is not 100% design nor research.
What you'll do...
- Conduct usability research both online and in the field and provide recommendations for improvements and new ideas or features
- Serve as a member of a team that acts as a 'repository' of research-based usability knowledge
- Test business requirements using heuristic/qualitative methods
- Determine user needs by conducting task-focused analyses
- Work with designers to test proposed look & feel initiatives
- Coordinate, conduct and moderate Experience Requirements: Usability moderating (all types, particularly one-on-one), participant recruiting/screener creation, experimental design, test method selection, debriefing, facilitation, participant recruiting/screener creation, statistical/qualitative/quantitative analysis, presentations (verbal and written)
- Engage with project teams to determine needs and the best way to test for those needs, create test plans, run the testing (moderating), analyze results, compile reports (Powerpoint, Word, video)
- Have a portfolio with specific examples that demonstrate your thinking and research process to produce a great user experience that drives business; and/or design process and polished interfaces to produce a great user experience that drives business
- Are proficient designing, conducting, analyzing, and reporting on user-centered design research and usability
- Are comfortable working from inception through execution (brainstorming, sketching, mapping, wire-framing, prototyping, designing, paring or even coding, AB Testing)
- Have a knack for identifying user needs and goals, task and workflow modeling, ethnography and persona development as well as rapid iterative usability testing, and more formal, in-depth testing
- Solve problems with simple and elegant solutions
- Think big picture and are detail-oriented
- Have a refined aesthetic–with considerations to usability, simplicity, and consistency–and can design to specific branding needs
- Are data-driven—gathering or working with another's user research and analytics to inform your approach
- Have fluency with design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Framer, etc.
- Have experience designing for web–understanding best practices, design patterns, technical tools and their limitations
- Are honest and humble and can give and take critique productively
- Can communicate design approaches to software engineers and stakeholders
- Have a passion to support the creation new, unique, game-changing experiences in the digital space
Bonus Points for the following:
- Experience with Ruby web applications
- Experience with CSS preprocessors (e.g., Sass)
- Experience with versioning, SVN, or Git (preferably Git)
- Work hard because we love what we're building, but also believe in balance
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun and awesome co-workers that feel like family
- Are located in the Flatiron District in the heart of Manhattan
- Are excited to hear from you