Digital Consumer Brands Collection is building a next-generation portfolio of best-in-class digital brands within the world’s largest retailer.
Reporting to the Digital Consumer Brand’s COO, the Director of Operations - Integration Strategy will help to define, create, and build the operating platform underlying all of the acquired and incubated businesses. The Director will partner with cross-functional teams across the portfolio to build an integrated services platform that deepens integration and functional synergies to ensure that all brands are set up for success. The Director with interact regularly with top-level executives.
What you'll do...
- Create and drive the operational integration strategy under the leadership of the COO
- Assess functional capabilities and potential of acquired and incubated brands to build comprehensive platform integration plans, including defining the vision / “end-state,” developing the economic baseline model, creating the top-down operational plan, and driving creation of bottoms-up executional plans
- Lead strategic and operational analyses related to functional integration and performance improvement, including, e.g., fulfillment, ERP, data and analytics, performance marketing, customer service, sourcing and other potential efficiencies across the portfolio
- Drive execution against operational plans for each functional integration, working with broader teams to ensure execution moves forward according to plan and collaborating with business partners to solve problems that arise along the way
- Surface and communicate key decisions, risks, and critical path items to COO and leadership team
- Track, report and ensure progress against operational and financial milestones
- Manage and coordinate ongoing end-to-end change management plans for functional integration into the portfolio, ensuring that culture / people integration is a primary part of success
- Work with the broader team to identify and develop long-lasting capabilities that will make each functional integration faster and more effective, e.g., identifying new tools / technologies, new processes, etc.
- Have 5-7 years in a senior operating role at a high growth brand with oversight across marketing, operations, and finance AND/OR in a senior VC platform role AND/OR in a leadership role in a platform/shared services capacity at a large corporation with a broad portfolio of business units
- Ideally have 2-3 years of management consulting and/or project management experience with a track record of experience and excellence in two or more of the following areas (or related areas): Portfolio Operations, Post-Merger Management / Post-Merger Integration, Restructuring / Turnaround Management, and/or Operational Performance Improvement
- Have a proven track record of excellence managing cross-functional teams of five or more people and ability to influence colleagues across contexts and roles, from executive staff to front-line employees
- Possess very strong problem-solving skills and the ability to understand how strategic levers (commercial and/or operational) impact an investment thesis, translate into an operating plan, drive execution, and ultimately create financial value
- Have a proven track record of meeting budgetary and operational efficiency targets
- Have extremely strong project management skills with proven ability to synthesize results and progress for senior executives while also diving into the weeds when necessary
- Have a high-level of comfort with ambiguous and fluid situations
- Are able to work successfully in a fast-paced (deal) environment and travel up to 20% of the time
- Advanced ability to run analytics and develop executive-level presentations (using Excel, Powerpoint, etc.).
- Work hard because we love what we're building, but also believe in balance
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun and awesome co-workers that feel like family
- Wear a lot of hats and value self-starters and initiative
- Are excited to hear from you