Bonobos is looking for a creative and passionate Assistant Apparel Designer to help take Bonobos design to the next level.
Founded on a better-fitting pair of pants and the friendliest and funniest customer service around, Bonobos is one of the fastest growing men's online apparel companies ever. As an Assistant Apparel Designer, you'll be working with all facets of design development for our categories alongside our fun and highly talented Design team.
In this role, you'll be diving into the design process head first, pulling together concept, color and fabrics. Reporting directly to our Senior Designers, you will have the opportunity to get your hands dirty in every step of the design process. We have an all-hands-on-deck mentality where the sharing of ideas (and delicious snacks) is encouraged. Are you ready to jump in?
What you'll do...
- Support our Design team with all steps of the design development
- Assist in creating seasonal designs by sketching, cading and creating tech packs
- Help create design boards and maintain organized line lists, binders, fabric and more
- Collaborate cross functionally with Tech Design, Production, Merchandising teams and external vendors
- Create detailed technical packages using Illustrator, Excel and PLM tools
- Attend fit sessions and make detailed fit comments and revisions
- Review lab dips, strike offs and sample submits and make accurate comments
- Perform other design related duties, as needed
- Work amongst fun, passionate and inspiring people in a fast-paced environment
- Have interest or have studied Fashion Design (or a related field)
- Have 1-2 years of experience in the design industry
- Have a can-do attitude
- Have a passion for menswear, a top notch sense of style, color and print, and are excited to bring new ideas to the Design team
- Have a good understanding of how the design process works and understanding of garment construction
- Possess strong Illustrator sketching skills and can create detailed tech packages
- Are proficient in Excel, Photoshop, and Word (some experience using PLM a plus!)
- Are organized and detail-oriented with great communication skills
- Are great at prioritizing your workload and are flexible and happy to jump in and help the team when needed
- Work hard because we love what we’re doing, but also believe in balance (say hello to Summer Fridays!)
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun and awesome co-workers
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy & positive energy – often over experience
- Care deeply about the high quality design and product we associate our label with
- Have a passion for delivering a superior experience to our customers, clients, vendors & one another
- Are excited to hear from you