Bonobos is seeking a Director of Brand Communications to drive our communications strategy and execution, both internally and externally.
As Director of Brand Communications at Bonobos, you’ll be responsible developing and execute strategic communications initiatives to increase awareness of and affinity for the Bonobos brand and its leadership team. You will maintain oversight and accountability for all internal and external communications, including strategy, design, execution and measurement. Furthermore, you will manage a talented and hungry team of public relations professionals, oversee and operationalize external agency partners and will partner with internal cross-functional teams including both Bonobos and our parent organization, Walmart.
What you'll do...
- Lead a talented team responsible for the development and distribution of strategic PR communications and national campaigns that influence and engage internal & external audiences with a maniacal focus on driving brand awareness and building brand love among new consumers
- Define the vision, goals, core strategies, and most efficient tactics to drive media coverage and reach new consumers, influencers and investors across business, trade, and consumer press
- Partner with external agency of record to create plans that amplify our brand campaigns & assets, positioning of products and services, news & announcements, etc.
- Proactively and reactively pitch media outlets for coverage on Bonobos across corporate, consumer, fashion and lifestyle media
- Develop communication platforms for key executives, as well as thought leadership distribution strategies
- Devise ‘breakthrough’ buzzworthy PR events and activations to elevate the company’s message, bringing new perspectives and vision that tap into the company’s disruptive roots
- Work closely with the Marketing leadership team to ensure strategies and tactics influence and build on the broader marketing strategies and tactics
- Develop and formalize corporate communication function within departments that will liaise both with internal HR team as well as Walmart eCommerce and the great Walmart ecosystem
- Manage and optimize department budget and spend
- Have 10+ years of experience within PR/communications, marketing, media relations (experiential experience a plus) in a consumer-driven businesses (ideally both agency and in-house experience)
- Have a proven track record of garnering media coverage with a wide range of media, including both business and consumer facing publications
- Are a creative thinker, who can develop compelling campaigns, partnerships and experiences that engage the consumer and drive the business
- Have experience managing a team at different levels of experience, bringing out the best in them everyday and setting them up for success
- Can combine all this consumer-centricity and creativity with strong analytical skills, measuring success and learning from it
- Have experience working with content experts to create and execute internal communications plans to connect associates to the purpose and priorities of the business. This includes synthesizing business language and complex information into clear, relevant messages with clarity of purpose, intent and broad perspective for a variety of audiences
- Have excellent judgment and are able to act decisively in situations requiring quick but thorough analysis and decision-making, while understanding when and how to appropriately escalate issues
- Are highly detail-oriented, have strong organizational and communication skills, and are able to prioritize and re-prioritize based on changing business needs
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and are excited by the challenges that come along with building a disruptive business
- Constantly enhance business-impact and productivity initiatives in area(s) of responsibility
- Have proven track record of managing and developing talent
- Have experience in consumer goods, fashion/apparel, consumer tech a plus
- Value exceptional creativity, initiative and witty banter
- Work hard because we love what we're doing but also believe in balance
- Will back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun, awesome co-workers, and the rare tribal atmosphere that values individuality
- Are excited to hear from you