Bonobos is seeking a razor sharp Merchant - Knits & Sweaters for our rapidly growing business that is one part tech, one part fashion, and all parts fun.
As a Merchant - Knits & Sweaters, you will work with the Merchandising team to dig into the details of our historic and current selling to meaningfully inform the future direction of our business. This position will also work closely with the Production, Planning and Design teams. And, the pace around here can get pretty wild, so the ability to keep up and keep calm is of the utmost importance...plus, it makes everything more fun when you combine the fast-pace with awesome colleagues that are constantly collaborating.
You will work closely with our product development team to develop, execute and communicate a product strategy that meets or exceeds financial goals for each season. As part of our team, your mission will be the same as everyone else at the company – to provide the best men’s shopping experience in the world.
What you'll do...
- Analyze weekly sales data and speak to relevant categories in weekly sales meetings
- Present category strategories to senior leadership at quarterly investment reviews
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to create seasonal product assortments
- Be accountable for creating and managing styles in our databases
- Develop and deliver sales recap emails to stakeholders in various lanes across the company
- Partner with our production and operations teams to help track our product as well as chase trending styles
- Work cross functionally with the Ecom Merchandisers to ensure that we are testing and maximizing how product is shown on site
- Partner with marketing counterparts to ensure adequate product coverage for key items
- Partner with Guideshop teams to create product knowledge resources for the field and ninja teams
- Stay up to date on market trends and competitive landscape by comp shopping
- Have a Bachelor's degree and 2-5 years of experience in retail merchandising
- Are excited to be on the front lines of a fast-paced and growing team in an innovative and entrepreneurial environment
- Have the analytical ability to synthesize data from different systems to understand business trends and provide forward-thinking insight
- Have the attention to detail to work in various systems and databases that inform how future styles get made
- Will be given the opportunity to have your voice be heard and your opinions taken seriously
- Should be creative and excited about working cross-functionally across various departments
- Work hard because we love what we're building, but also believe in balance
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun and awesome co-workers that feel like family
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy & positive energy – often over experience
- Are located in the Flatiron District in the heart of Manhattan
- Have a passion for delivering a superior experience to our customers, clients, vendors & one another
- Are excited to hear from you