Bonobos is looking for a exceptional Search Marketing Manager to drive the evolution of both our paid and organic search marketing capabilities to efficiently scale existing channel performance.
At Bonobos, we’re redefining how customers browse, discover and shop for apparel. As the first digitally native apparel company in the US, we are poised to make groundbreaking advances in how customers shop. Bonobos is uniquely positioned to delight customers by connecting our showroom stores (we call them Guideshop locations) to our online experiences. We're inventing the future of retail and our customers are fanatical about our clothes and our world-class customer service.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Performance Marketing, you’ll be responsible for the strategic direction, cross functional leadership and operational excellence of all things search. Owning our agency, publisher and search technology relationships, you’ll be instrumental in developing a best-in-class search marketing team that drives demand and fuels new customer growth.
In addition to managing our search partner relationships, you will liaise across the entire business including frequent collaboration with Paid Media, CRM, Brand and Content Marketing teams. You will also work cross-functionally with Insights and Analytics, Merchandising, Planning, Finance, and most importantly, our Tech and UX teams.
What you'll do…
- Act as our Subject Matter Expert for all things Search; Leading strategy development and execution of both the SEM and SEO programs with a unified vision for channel growth.
- Implement and manage strategic paid search media plan aimed at driving scale while maintaining performance targets and budgets
- Develop and execute actionable SEO roadmap that integrates technical, content and product optimization opportunities
- Partner with Merchandising, Product and Content Marketing teams to define and improve visibility for priority product categories and brand content using a blend of paid and organic strategies
- Manage all external agency and publisher relationships to progress overall search capabilities and drive thought leadership across the organization
- Define the search marketing technology stack and provide guidance to leadership on in-house vs. out-of-house tech and team structures
- Create reporting framework that effectively captures paid and organic search program performance and produces actionable run-of-business optimizations for the channel as a whole
- Utilize customer analysis, including lifetime value and cost to acquire metrics, to optimize our SEM program and inform an audience-first optimization strategy for SEO
- Provide analytical support for forecasting of daily/weekly/monthly sales trends and guidance on risks to plans
- Clearly and concisely communicate program performance and progress against goals in a cross-functional setting
- Have 5+ years of search marketing experience in either an in-house or agency setting
- Love search and have a deep understanding of the ever-evolving search retail landscape
- Are a performance marketer at heart who enjoys making data-driven decisions and implementing growth strategies based on establishing efficiency at scale
- Posess a deep understanding of on-page and technical SEO ranking factors
- Have experience managing multi-functional in-house teams and external agencies
- Are an expert with standard search industry reporting and diagnostic tools (Adwords, Google Analytics, Search Console, SEMRush, Screaming Frog, etc), Ad-serving and Bid Management technologies (DoubleClick, etc) and Enterprise-level SEO platforms (Brightedge, Conductor, etc)
- Have excellent communication skills; ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization from external vendors to senior leadership
- Ability to transform detailed analysis into straightforward summaries for cross-functional partners
- Have strong digital and retail ecommerce knowledge and curiosity
- Work hard because we love what we’re doing, but also believe in balance
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun and awesome co-workers that feel like family
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy & positive energy – often over experience
- Are located in the Flatiron District in the heart of Manhattan
- Have a passion for delivering a superior experience to our customers, clients, vendors & one another
- Are excited to hear from you