Bond Vet is on a mission to strengthen the human-animal bond through better pet care. We’re focused on urgent care, so we’re there for pets when they need us most. Our clinics are designed with pets and people in mind: warm, friendly, and highly sniffable. We balance this design with a strong focus on technology, all built in-house, which means we can easily innovate our systems to improve the veterinary team, pet, and client experience.
Boston, we’re building the next generation of veterinary clinics from the ground up and we’re looking for leaders like you.
The Regional Medical Director (RMD) leads the medical operations of a group of clinics in partnership with the Medical Director (MD) of each clinic. The RMD ensures that patients in their clinics receive a high standard of care and that clinic team members work collaboratively in a positive workplace environment. The Regional Medical Director is an excellent communicator and a natural mentor to all members of their team.
The Regional Medical Director also partners with the Regional Director(s) of Operation that oversee(s) their clinics and reports to the Head of Medical Strategy to ensure the holistic success of their clinics.
Oversight of Clinics / Staff
- Ensures the delivery of the highest quality (safe, effective, patient and client centered, timely, efficient and equitable) veterinary care by all team members
- Mentors and develops Associate Veterinarians to be their best through side-by-side coaching, feedback sessions and regular case discussions
- Shadows MDs and Associate DVMs
- Performs Medical Record Reviews for MDs and Associate DVMs
- Facilitates surgical and dental training for MDs and Associate DVMs
- Implements a Performance Improvement Process to address performance issues if and when they arise within their team, thereby maintaining a high performing team
- Organizes and conducts regular doctor and team meetings to foster and strengthen positive hospital culture
- Acts as a thought partner with the Head of Medical Quality and contributes to the development and implementation of new practice protocols and guidelines
- Partners with Regional Director of Operations in delivering an excellent client experience including the handling of client complaints when applicable
- Partners with Regional Director of Operations in creating high-performing business units
- Participates in talent acquisition efforts for Doctors and, when appropriate, HQ and support staff to ensure the recruitment of the highest caliber of veterinary talent
- Ensures that Clinic Doctor Schedules balance the needs of the hospital and of their Associate Veterinarians
- Acts as an ambassador of Bond Vet within the veterinary community and the public at large
Oversight and Development of Associate RMDs
- Leads the identification of internal talent, elevation, and development of associate RMD’s
- Acts as a mentor to emerging medical leaders
Adaptable - A lifelong learner who is continuously developing the skills and perspective required to meet the needs of the team and hospital.
Business Acumen - Comfortable with financial conversations & how good business is related to good medicine.
Client Focused - Acts with both external and internal customers in mind, uses client feedback to improve service.
Communication Skills - Communicates clearly in both verbal and written formats.
Conflict Management - Doesn’t shy away from healthy conflict and can settle disputes equitably.
Developing Direct Reports - Has an awareness of the aspirations and development goals of those on their team and can push them to take on challenging tasks and assignments to support their growth.
Directing Others - Sets clear expectations and distributes workload in a way that is equitable yet challenging and maintains communication about work and results.
Drive for Results - Takes initiative. Can be relied upon to meet or exceed objective goals. When something is not working well, you are able to take the lead in troubleshooting and working on solutions as well as contacting the next level up for help.
Effective Teambuilder - Blends individuals’ strengths and creates a strong team spirit. Frames success in terms of the whole team. Fosters openness and a sense of belonging.
Hiring & Staffing - Is effective at evaluating potential candidates and selects only the strongest fits for the organization.
Managing Vision & Purpose - Communicates vision in a way that is inspiring to those on their team. Breaks larger goals into chunks to celebrate and encourage progress and momentum. Understands what motivates the members of their team and uses this knowledge to create a climate of excellence.
Peer Relationships - Is able to quickly build strong relationships with team members both new and established. Is collaborative; can solve problems in a way that is fair to other groups. Can deliver candid feedback in a way that is well received.
Prioritization - Good time management skills. Able to determine which issues require immediate attention and action.
Regulatory Compliance (DEA/State Practice Act) - Has awareness of legal & regulatory requirements and ensures awareness & compliance of team members.
Safety Management - Fosters a culture committed to the safety of team members, pets, and clients.
Self Aware - Has self knowledge of strengths and weaknesses. Proactively seeks out feedback from team members and peers and develops action plans to address any concerns that arise.
Veterinary Quality - Understands the factors that contribute to overall Quality of Care and works successfully to fortify them throughout their clinic.
- Veterinary Medical Degree (DVM/VMD or equivalent foreign degree)
- State licensure that is in good standing OR eligibility for such licensure – to include all states for clinics under supervision
- DEA licensure and CDS licensure if needed for all states for clinics under supervision
- 7+ years of clinical veterinary experience
- 3+ years of Medical Director / Leadership Experience; multi-unit leadership experience is considered ideal but not required
Quality of Life:
- 401(k) match, fully paid parental leave, 100%-covered health insurance, and more.
- Flexible scheduling options
- Great PTO for when you need that too. (Bahamas, anyone?)
- Best-in-class compensation to elevate all areas of your life.
- No overnights - and no hospitalizations overnight.
- Employee assistance program, annual OneMedical subscription plus many more opportunities to speak directly with medical and mental health providers when you are in need.
Bond Vet provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.