BondLink provides a SaaS platform to bond issuers in the $4 trillion municipal bond industry. After raising $10 million in our Series A fundraising in 2018, we have completed a $15 million Series B in May of 2021 that will further accelerate our team growth and product development. We have strong revenue growth, and we are already working with many of the largest issuers in the country.
While our product is finance focused, make no mistakes; internally we are a genuine tech-first startup culture.
Our co-founders include a serial tech entrepreneur with multiple successes and a senior ex-government official with deep experience in the wheelhouse of our product offering.
Culturally we provide all the startup bells and whistles that we’re looking to share with talented people.
At BondLink we recognize that diversity drives innovation and we are committed to developing and supporting an inclusive and safe workplace. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Who We Are
- A small but growing team of Scala engineers with a focus on rigor, proving our code correct, and producing a reliable product
- Advocates of advanced functional programming techniques, such as generic type-level programming and free monad based programs
- Users of well-established functional Scala libraries, including cats, shapeless, http4s, and fs2
- Open and eager to exploring new approaches that help us to do our jobs more effectively and efficiently
- Committed to encoding complexity into the type system and pushing verification onto the compiler to eliminate runtime bugs
Who You Are
- Familiar with the concepts above or interested and eager to learn -- we are open and willing to teach strong candidates on the job (and many of us have learned most of these things while working here)
- Resourceful; you can not only discover and follow existing patterns in a codebase, but also come up with new approaches to try
- 2+ years professional software engineering experience, preferably with a statically typed, functional programming language
- Proficient with SQL databases and familiar with common query performance optimizations and pitfalls
- Interested in working on a small team and being involved in technological decisions that shape the evolution of our product
- You’ll collaborate closely with product, design, and frontend engineers to build new product features, maintain and improving existing code, and manage application and business data
- No financial industry knowledge required
- Must be authorized to work in the US as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time
- Cool mission: We’re in the business to help municipalities (states, cities, towns, schools, universities, public housing, etc.) save money through technology. If that doesn’t excite you, this is not the company for you;
- BondLink is off to a fast start, gaining fantastic market traction since going live in 2016, with prominent, existing clients in nearly every state and every sector of the $4 trillion municipal bond market;
- Our founders have significant startup and bond market/industry expertise;
- The BondLink sales advantage: First-to-market in a deep, target-rich environment;
- In January 2018, the company announced a $10 million Series A round of financing led by Franklin Templeton Investments, one of the biggest municipal bond fund managers in the country;
- In May of 2021, the company announced a $15 million Series B round of financing led by Intercontinental Exchange, parent company to 12 regulated exchanges and marketplaces including the New York Stock Exchange as well as six clearing houses worldwide;
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation plan commensurate with experience
- Unlimited vacation time, and flexible working hours
- 16 Hours of annual personal volunteer time to give back at organizations you love
- Annual Learning Allowance to contribute to your professional development
- Comprehensive premium insurance plans for medical, vision and dental. All 100% paid for by BondLink with zero cost to the employee
- 401K retirement savings plan
- Stock Options
We are currently 100% remote at this point in time. However, we do anticipate returning to an office setting. What that looks like in the future is still to be determined but safety and flexibility will be prioritized. While a Boston based candidate is preferred we are open to remote candidates as well.